Chapter 35

Lucy's POV:

The next day we have gotten far enough by the afternoon, that I can feel the dark, powerful energy coming from nearby. I know that it is whatever we are looking for, and I can see that as we get closer the others feel the energy. Within an hour we are so close we can hear their movements within a grove of trees, and I stop them for a moment, knowing that anything could happen since we don't even know what we're facing.

"I'm going to go ahead on my own, and face whatever that is." I say once everyone has stopped.

"No! You cannot go after it on your own, we don't even know what we're facing, it could be something extremely dangerous!" Natsu exclaims, completely against me doing anything of the sort.

"I agree. We should be staying together, whatever it is that's out there... could be the most dangerous thing any of us have ever faced." Erza agrees, crossing her arms over her armor and looking completely relaxed.

"That is exactly my point, we don't know what it is that we will be facing, and as long as we don't I should be the one to go." I say with absolute certainty.

"That doesn't make any sense. How does that make it so that you have to be the one to go?" Gray asks. "You may not care very much about yourself, but we care about you, and what are friends for if not to have your back, even if you don't want us to be there for you." He adds.

"Let her go." Jellal says calmly. The others look at him in shock, but he just shrugs, and looks around at each of them. "You shouldn't be thinking that she thinks her own life is unimportant, she knows that isn't the least bit true, you all seem to forget that she is one of the most important people that have ever lived, even if she didn't want to she would keep going regardless of everything that has happened." He looks straight at Gray when he says this, and he is sincere about everything that he is saying.

"That still doesn't explain why she wants to go by herself." Natsu points out, not understanding his meaning in any of this.

"Could you please stop talking like I'm not here?! I am perfecting capable of doing things, and as for why I want to go by myself, even if I were hurt, it would take a lot more to kill me than it would to kill any of you, and in case you've forgotten I've dealt with my own fair share of enemies." I say. Erza looks rather surprised by what I have said, but nods understanding that nothing they say will change my decision, and nobody follows me as I walk towards the area where I know our enemy lurks.

I see him after a few minutes of walking, knowing fully well that the others are following me in case I do need their help. The man that I see stands somewhat in the shadows, but with my heightened senses I can see that he has pitch black hair, and extremely pale skin, there is a small scare on his skin, but nothing to be worried about. As soon as I get nearer I remove the cloak that I have come to wear so much, and allow my guild mark to show from where it is on my shoulder. The colors changing between colors like flames, as it has since my transformation.

When he realizes that I am a threat he uses some of his magic, and as soon as the first of the dark, shadow-like people start attacking I know who he is. The others, sensing that they are a threat start attacking them, and soon every one of the lower demons that he has summoned have been sent back to the world from which they came. When he realizes that it didn't work, he pulls out some daggers that I know could poison a person if the wound is not treated correctly. He aims them towards Natsu and Erza, seeing them as the biggest threats here, and then, after he has dealt with them, thinking that they hit home, he turns from us to walk away. Although, I know that he would have come back to finish us.

"Agares!!" I call to him.

"No one knows me by that name." He says turning towards me. "Who are you?" He asks.

"Someone that knows fully well that you shouldn't even be in this world." I answer trying to be kind to him.

"I am allowed to go wherever I please." He answers. "Now answer me, how do you know who I am?" He demands.

"Well, first of all I must ask you to kindly return to the pit that you climbed out of, and second of all you had better do it quickly before I get angry." I say with a smile.

"Before you get angry? How about before I get angry. I was kind enough to leave you here and let you live. Don't order me around, I only answer to my lord." He says starting to look angry.

"Lord Zeref, yes I know, but I think you'll find that I am quite a bit higher than him. I'm the person that he answers to, so unless you want to be hearing quite a few things from him as well you will do well to listen to me and leave." I say.

"Stop lying!!" He yells at me, and before I know what's happening he has thrown a dagger at me, and it's gone through the soft flesh of my stomach. I glare at him for a moment, and before he knows what hits him I've knocked him to the ground with the full force of my magic, and walk towards him with a dagger in my hand. "You shouldn't be able to do anything right now, not with that dagger in you right now." He adds looking frightened for the first time since we came after him.

"I asked you kindly, told you that you needed to go back to where you came from, and made it perfectly clear that I wouldn't be taking no for an answer. Now, could you please tell Zeref something for me?" I ask him patiently.

"Why would I do anything for you??" He demands struggling against the magic that is holding him where he is.

"You see this blade?" I ask glancing over at the dagger in my hand for a moment. "This was forged by the angels, and I must tell you now that just a scratch from it can make you wish that you were dead." I explain, and he laughs not believing me, so I run the blade across his cheek. He starts writhing in pain, and I almost feel bad for him. "Tell Zeref that I expect to see him very soon." I say with a sad smile before plunging the dagger into his chest, knowing that he will have to live with the pain from the cheek for the next few days.

I walk past the others after I have taken care of him, and none of them talk to me, that is no one but wendy. "Your hurt. Let me take a look at it." She says, seeing the dagger imbedded into my skin. I smile at her, but shake my head.

"I'm fine, but now that this job is over I'm afraid we are going to have to head back to my castle and... I am going to need to take care of a few things." I say, and the others grab on to me, knowing that they need to do this, and I take us back to the castle, already feeling the strength leaving me, while telling Igneel through my mind to meet me in the throne room.