Chapter Eighteen

Natsu's POV:

I wake up in the middle of the night wondering what woke me up, and realize that I can hear someone crying. I look around the king size bed and see Lucy laying down a few feet away with he back to me shaking in her sleep. What's Lucy doing in bed with me??... Oh ya, I ended up sleeping in here when I realized that this was the only bedroom I knew the location of without having any difficulty refinding it. I sit up, and glancing at her in concern as I scoot closer to her and see that she is crying in her sleep. Putting my arms around her I realize that she is freezing cold! She is abnormally cold, and pulling her into my arms and putting the blanket over her to keep the heat in better I fall back to sleep.

I wake back up to someone poking me in the arm, and I groan rolling over, now wanting to get up yet. "Go away Happy..." I murmur into the pillows.

"It's not Happy, and if you don't get up right now you don't get to have any breakfast." I hear a familiar voice say beside me. I open my eyes to find Lucy laying next to me, it is in that moment that I realize my arms are still wrapped around her and she is giving me a teasing smile. "Good morning." She murmurs kissing me lightly before getting up and heading into the bathroom that I hadn't seen earlier. When she comes back out she is already dressed, and looking around the room not wanting her to take away my breakfast, for I have no doubt that she has the power to do that I pick up my vest and put it on before she can get mad. From what I have seen her do when she is teasing a person I don't want to know what she would do if she was truly mad at me, I don't think that I could bare it.

Lucy's POV:

Natsu and I head down the stairs, I don't even bother going wake Saphira up knowing that she will just end up sleeping somewhere else if I bug her. I swear that she and Happy would get along so well that they would be inseparitable. When we reach the dining room almost everyone is there, including Igneel, who is sitting eating some strawberries looking like he isn't enjoying them at all. "You okay?" I ask sitting down. He is on my left while Natsu comes to sit on my right, I guess it's a good thing that Grandeney is gone right now or else he wouldn't be able to do that without asking permission first.

"They aren't the ones I like!" He whines.

"Of course they aren't the ones that you like, in case you've forgotten I'm the one who invented those." I laugh as I wave my hand making a bowl of strawberries appear that are almost identical to the ones that he is picking at right now. He immediately takes the bowl and looking like Erza with strawberry cake as he bites into one of them. Natsu has just started eating his food, which yet again is a giant stack of food and I am about to turn towards one of the servants that stand in each room, when I smoothie appears in front of me. I glance at who it is that brought it over and see the familiar face of one of the cooks. "Thank you." I smile taking a sip of it, they do know how I like my breakfasts.

Half an hour later I get up and walk out of the dining room, towards the doors that will lead out of the palace. When I get outside I walk over to one of the trees that stands tall in the palace gardens and using some of my creation magic I make a bench swing, and sit down on it summoning one of my favorite books and a small blanket. "What are you doing out here?" A familiar voice asks a little while later. I look up to find Natsu standing in front of me looking like he just ran all the way here.

"Oh, I just came out to read." I answer scooting over on the bench so he can sit down next to me. He does and I rest my head on his shoulder as I continue reading. After a few more minutes I put the book down, and glancing up at him see that he is staring down at me calmly. "Why were you looking for me?" I ask curiously.

"You disappeared for a while and I was wondering where you had run off too." He answers truthfully.

"And?" I ask knowing that there is bound to be more.

"Everyone that I asked says that they are busy today, and I want to do something fun today!! I'm so bored to doing nothing!!" He exclaims with a sigh.

"So another words for the first time in his life Igneel is doing his work, and you didn't want to ask anyone else so you came looking for me hoping we could do something interesting?" I ask raising my eyebrow at him.

"Exactly!! I want to be doing something fun!!" He exclaims. Before he can get another word in I pull him in for a long tender kiss. At first he gasps in surprise, but then he returns the kiss quickly. When I pull away we are both breathless, and breathing heavily.

"Is that fun enough for you?" I ask grabbing his hand and pulling him up.

"Where are we going?" He asks staring at me curiously as I put my angel wings upon my back.

"We are going to your father's island where I am sure you want to go, and we are going to bug him until he decides that he's had enough of us." I answer grinning at him as I hold him gently in a hug and take off into the sky.