Chapter Twelve

Lucy's POV:

I continue walking down the stairs, ignoring all the stares that I receive. I walk towards Mira to get us something to eat, and I feel fear coming off of her. Thankfully she is only scared for a moment before the fear gives way to nothing more than surprise. She immediately smiles at me and gives me everything that I ask for. She even compliments me on the armor I am wearing and by the time I am done there is a smile upon my face. I'm glad that there is no fear coming from Mira, even if nearly everyone else in the room shows signs of it. "Bunny Girl!!" I hear a voice call from behind me.

I turn to find Gajeel sitting at a table with Wendy, and Laxus is standing a little away from them with his arms crossed over his chest, leaning against a wall. "Hey guys!! Long time no see!!" I call walking towards them.

"Your the one that left. By the way nice eyes, the suit you." Gajeel replies grinning as I sit down.

"Well... I'm back now, and that's all that matters. By the way do you have any metal with you?" I ask looking at him with a serious expression.

"Well... sure I have some, but what does that have to do with anything?" He asks perplexed.

"Can you give me some?" I ask grinning. He hands me a piece and I take a bite into it, sighing as my magic energy starts returning faster.

"You ate my metal!!" He exclaims in surprise.

"What did you expect me to do?? Did you think I would just look at it??" I ask.

"I didn't think you would start eating my metal!!" He exclaims. Everyone at the table is laughing at his outburst. I get up and start levitating the trays of food and begin to walk up the stairs.

I head over to see the master so I can get another guild mark, putting it on my right shoulder in head this time and start heading back to the room. As I am almost to the room I run headfirst into someone. "Lucy." He smiles as he catches me to keep me from falling.

"Hi Gray." I smile looking him in the eye.

Natsu's POV:

"Do you have any other questions?" My dad asks. He just finished explaining that he's the king of the fire dragons, which I did not know before.

"Why did you leave?" I ask. It's the question I have been dying to ask him since the day he left and didn't return.

"I had been teaching two people for years at that point, and I was fine with it. The only problem was that I wasn't actually supposed to be teaching two at the same time, it's kind of forbidden by the dragon's most ancient laws. The other dragons were okay with me teaching the both of you, because it was rare for us to teach people at the time, but it reached a point where I had to choose one or the other, and that one would have had to come to the dragon realm and remain there throughout their training. I decided to let you live your life the way that any child should, with others of their own kind, so I decided to continue training the one that was already being trained in the dragon realm. I regretted leaving you, but I had you in my best interest." He smiles.

"Who was the other person?" I ask.

"I think she should tell you herself." He replies. "Anything else?" He asks.

"Just one more thing. Why won't Lucy look at me?" I ask.

Lucy's POV:

"Nice look." He says looking into my eyes. I don't feel any fear coming off of him, I guess he's seen a lot already so different eyes wouldn't really be anything to him.

"Thanks." I smile.

"So when did you get back?" He asks.

"Yesterday... Sometime around noon." I reply.

"Oh... Ya, I was on a mission then, I wouldn't have been able to see you." He replies.

"It's really nice to see you." I smile hugging him.

"It's good to see you too. I'll see you later?" He asks.

"Ya, see you later." I smile heading the rest of the way towards the room. I almost reach it when I hear someone calling me.

"Bunny Girl!!" Gajeel calls. I look over and see that he is really irritated. "Why did you eat my metal?! That was for later!!" He exclaims.

"Is it really that big of a deal?" I ask.

"Yes!! I was going to eat that!!" He shouts.

"Here, is this better?" I ask making a box full of metal appear.

"I'm still mad at you!" He growls grinning as he comes up the stairs and takes the metal from me.
I head towards the door of the infirmary room and open the door to find Igneel and Natsu talking quietly. They stop talking when I come in, and summoning a table and some chairs I set the food on there. Natsu and Igneel quickly sit down as I set the trays down. I sit across from Igneel with Natsu at my side and take one of the mugs of fire that I got from Mira.

"I don't think you want to drink that..." Natsu says trailing off as he notices what I am doing.

"How come?" I ask, I'm right about to have some of it too.

"Umm... How do I best put this... That is fire, and it's not really safe for most people to eat." He replies.

"I know it's fire." I reply starting do drink it. Natsu watches me in shock while Igneel just sits there with an amused look on his face.

"You ate the... You..." He says in utter disbelief.

"You act as if you don't eat it yourself." I reply grabbing the smoothie that I had gotten for myself, since I have just finished the flames.

"How can you eat flames?" He asks.

"Alright now your just being an idiot. Igneel taught me Dragon Slayer magic." I reply.

"And from the sounds of things you were eating... Someone's metal while you were gone??" Igneel asks laughing.

"It's Gajeel's fault for giving it to me." I reply sheepishly. We continue eating in silence, and when I finish I walk out of the room. I walk right outside the door and sit down against the wall, allowing the tears that I have been keeping in to slide down my cheek. I feel a tap on my shoulder a few minutes later and look up to find Igneel standing in front of me.

"Why are you crying?" He asks looking at me. He sits down next to me and pulls me into a hug.

"They're scared of me." I sob.

"Why would they be scared of you?? How do you even know?? You haven't been reading peoples minds again have you?" He asks.

"They look into my eyes, and they are afraid. I think that when they look at me they can't deny the fact that I was in fact the dragon, and I didn't read anyone's minds, I woke up and was able to feel their emotions, I don't know why, and I don't know how to control it!!" I cry whipping away my tears. "And now my tears are silver." I cry more as I look down at them.

"Oh, that's why. Natsu thinks you hate him right now because you won't look at him. He thinks that you are mad at him for some reason." He murmurs.

"I don't hate him." I murmur, the tears stop falling.

"Then you had better tell him that yourself, because he thinks you do, and as for the whole peoples emotions thing you will learn to live with it one way or another. You shouldn't worry about what people are going to think of you because of your eyes. There will always be people that are going to be afraid of you, but if they are then they don't know the real you." He smiles.

"Thank you Igneel." I whisper hugging him back. "Your words have made my day." I smile.