//2//:Last day

SBRINA'S POV
ABUJA,NIGERIA.

The soothing voice of the Adhan calling prayer woke me up from my slumber. I walked into the bathroom, performing ablution. I splayed the blue colored prayer mat and wore my long hijab. After my salat, I prayed for happiness, for all my loved ones to enter Jannah, for Almighty Allah to bless my parents abundantly, I prayed for my psychological health, I prayed for my family and friends. Lastly, I prayed for Allah to grant me the ability and strength to fulfil and make my dreams reality.

With that done, I did the one thing that brought relief to my soul, I lay down on the prayer mat and shut my eyes.

~~~

If today is really my last day in Nigeria, might as well make it a good one. I texted Kubra to meet up later at KFC.

I was dressed in a white maxi skirt that stopped above my ankles, a violet sweatshirt and wrapped a graphic scarf around my head, sliding in my Adidas, I sauntered downstairs.

"Hey! I'm sorry for yesterday, I was against it. I promise you." I heard Ya Aliza's voice behind me. I cocked my head to face her. I put a hand on her shoulder with a reassuring smile "It's okay."

"Yeah we're really sorry." Ya Arif and Ya Aliya apologized, walking out of the TV room. Apparently, these three siblings of mine have made it a habit to stay up all night watching movies in the TV room. I can never deprive my self from sleep for movies, never. "It's cool. It's not your fault that your mother treats me this way, is it?" I chuckled bitterly.

"Sabrina—-"

"I'll go eat breakfast now. I have a long day ahead." I didn't let them say another word,I went straight to the dining room. If I had stayed, we would have probably gotten into an argument and that's the last thing I want at the moment.

The maid that stood beside my chair served me breakfast. I ignored the three people present.

"Good morning." Daddy greeted me; note the sarcasm. And by the way, this is a sign language indicating me to greet them. Instead, I passed a fake smile and continued with my breakfast.

"You can at least greet your parents." Came the husky voice of, my eldest brother, Ya Ashraf. I inhaled sharply as my heartbeat hastened for a second. Recalling back how awful he treated me while growing up, anytime he speaks to me, it sends shivers down my spine. I didn't make it obvious though, I couldn't. He mentally and physically abused me for every little mistake I made. He gave me temporary and permanent scars, I don't know if I'll ever be able to pardon him. Not that he would even bother asking for forgiveness.

"Am I talking to a wall?" He yelled raising his hand to slap me, I caught it mid way. We glared at each other with nothing but resentment. Deep down I was very scared, but I didn't let it be visible.

"Don't you dare!" I snapped. He jerked his hands away. I dropped my fork on the saucer.

"Apologize to your brother." Mrs Mahir spoke calmly, not sparing us a glance as she took a chip into her mouth. Daddy just kept quiet, one thing I like about him is that he doesn't get involved in our fights unless it gets too much.