//31//:Entangled love

MIMI'S POV
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.
25th FEBRUARY, 2018.
(THE WEEK BEFORE DAN WAS FIRED FROM DILA KS)

Donned in a a turquoise blue tiered ruffle hem and sleeves top, light blue high waisted mom jeans. A white jersey scarf tied firmly around my head. I threw my legs forward to support the swing as it moved back and forth. I watched as the children roamed about the park, playing, laughing and bonding.

I've never had friends; real friends that is. All my friends stabbed me in the back, the people I trusted so much, betrayed me. I had no friend other than my family. My mother is my best friend, I fill her in on everything that happens in my life. She showed me love and compassion when the people I thought were my best friends betrayed me. She taught me to be patient and the kindest person out there, she'd always say that no matter how awful a person treats me, I shouldn't dare to reciprocate, I should only say smile and say Alhamdullilah.

I love my mother.

When I joined UCLA in my second year after transferring from NYU, I met Sabrina and Kubra. It was at the pep rally after the female basketball game, I approached Sabrina and congratulated her for her victory, from there, I don't know when or how, we clicked. She begged me to move in with them which I declined more than three times as I was afraid of leaving my comfort zone. Eventually, I agreed and moved in with them. It was the best decision I've ever made in my entire life; I found true friendship in that household, love, happiness, loyalty and grace. They are the closest thing I have to a best friend. I can still remember when Sabrina knocked out a freshman because he was trying to take off my hijab, that was when I realized how violent—but caring my friend was.

I offered to be her personal assistant when she established DILA KS, of course she took in the offer immediately. We both shared a common joy for designing clothes, it was a dream come true to be able to work in a fashion house. I have my own popular makeup brand but I chose to be with Sabrina as her assistant even then, not because of anything, but the love I have for working and being with her. The Makeup Brand is now handled by one of Kubra's entrusted friend but it still belongs to me.

The greatest blessing in my life is the presence of Sabrina and all the people in her life. I don't know who or where I'd be if I hadn't approached her that night at the pep rally. Some people see her as an angry woman but I see her as the strongest fighter ever. If there's anyone who is brave and fierce enough to fight her battles, then it's her. I see the sadness underneath her short temper, beneath it is a soft, sweet and the best girl ever. A kindhearted, jovial and flawless woman who is in the hunt for true happiness.

I pray to Allah every day for her happiness.

"Well hello there." A masculine figure appeared, drifting me away from my thoughts. I got off from the swing to my feet. My lips curved into a smile seeing who it was.

"Are you perhaps stalking me, Runaway prince?" I chuckled softly, shoving my phone into my crossbody bag.

He smirked, his eyes glistening with an unknown excitement. "What if I am?"

"Then I'll call the cops on you, who knows, you might be a serial killer." I shrugged, ambling back to the direction of our house. He followed suit behind me, keeping up with my pace. I threw a little party in my head to celebrate.

A day after Sabrina's birthday party, he sent me a direct message on Instagram. At first, I was overwhelmed and skittish; I'm the shy type if you haven't linked up yet, but when we started talking it became blithe. I have to confess, he has a better sense of humor than Sabrina and she'd pass for the female version of Kevin Hart.