//35//: Unleashing the Dragon

THIRD PERSON'S POV
ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"What am I supposed to do? Who will agree to marry me before dusk?" Kubra paced back and forth as she bit her index finger. She has been doing that for almost fifteen minutes now.

"Please get her a glass of warm milk, Farida." Mimi softly asked her as she have her a warm smile before walking out of Sabrina's mini parlour.

Sabrina, Farida, Mimi, and Jannah were all inside Sabrina's room as they brainstormed. Each tried bringing up a solution but it wasn't helping at all.

Jannah walked up to her carefully, then pulled her down to the armchair. "Breathe girl. You're overworking yourself out." She tried calming her down but it did the opposite.

"Don't tell me to calm down. My parents want me to get a suitor before nighttime! Who would want to marry me even after knowing my history with Saif." She snapped exasperatedly.

"So what do we do now?" Mimi questioned drawing her knees up to her chest.

Sabrina walked out of the washroom,flinging her flip flops elsewhere. "You're not getting married Kubra. I won't let that happen to you."

"I don't have a choice." Her voice came out shaky almost at the brink of bursting into tears.

"Yes, you do. They can't force you to do what you do not want to do. You do have a choice. It's your life and not theirs." Sabrina expressed as she folded her legs taking her spot back on the carpeted floor.

Kubra chuckled humourlessly as she wiped away a single drop of tear that managed to escape. "Like I said, I don't have a choice. I'm sorry but unlike you, I can't disrespect and go against my parent's wishes."

Boom.

Sabrina tore her gaze away from the door and averted it to Kubra, over stunned by what she had just said. Though she said sorry, it didn't sound so sincere. On a normal day, it doesn't get to her at all. But hearing it directly from Kubra really ripped her heart apart.

She bit her bottom lip and averted her gaze back to the door. "She's right actually. Not everyone has the audacity to talk back at their parent. If I had followed your footsteps, girl my butt would have been incarcerated by now." Jannah ventured on as she gave her own point of view out.

What hurt the most was the fact that they weren't even feeling conscience-stricken about the way their words were rolling out.

"You guys should leave my SAK alone. You good?" Mimi held her palms on hers offering her a genuine smile which she was quick to offer back.

The girl always seemed to have her back no matter the circumstance. She's been more of a best friend that Kubra had been since they returned from LA.

She nodded. "I'm good. They're just stating the truth. Now what do we do about Kubra?" She went on to change the topic of discussion back to the marriage.

"We'll think of something." Farida stated.

"When Farida? We only have little amount of time left. Nothing can be done before then. I'm doomed." Kubra hit her face with the soft pillow she held onto before letting out a soft cry.

"We should—"

"—no Sabrina. It's okay. You guys have tried your best already. I'll head back home and tell my parent to marry me off to whom ever they wish to." With that, she got up on her feet, leaving them all jaw dropped as she sauntered to the door. Just as she unlocked the door, she came forth with Arif.

"Cheps, what's wrong?" Arif referred to her as the name he'd been using on her ever since she was little. She still didn't get why he calls her that, though she finds it adoring In some sort of way.