//9//:Together for good

SABRINA'S POV
NEW YORK CITY,USA.
18TH JANUARY,2018.

Today was the launching of the Together for good foundation. The conference is an unbeatable opportunity for leaders and future leaders, from foundations small and large, to connect and be inspired.

Hear from thought-provoking speakers, together, the foundations consider what effective, ambitious and courageous leadership in our communities could look like over the next decade.

Annauly, they have a top ten list of best NGO foundations. This year, I was nominated for the best Executive owner awards which I know for sure I'm not going to win. I won't even make it to the top ten.

Basically, each of the top ten winners will give a twenty minutes long biography and their journey to success.

I wore a White Chanel pencil leather pants, a white Armani ankle length peasant sleeved sweater with two slits that begins from the sides knees down to the ankle. I attached a brown belt on my tiny waist, sheathing my feet with white Chelsea boot. I wrapped a white chiffon veil into a hijab then put on the appropriate accessories to sync with the color of the clouds.

We arrived at the conference hall with so many business men and women going helter-skelter. Mimi and I greeted the two men that were sat by the left before occupying the vacant seats.

I was really thrilled about the conference even though I won't be part of the top ten at least I'd learn more from their biographies.

2:34pm

The third winner was Roger styles.

The first seven winner's biographies were entertaining and thrilling but the this Roger guy is trying to murder the people with boredom. Did I mention how slow he was talking? My old civic education teacher talks faster than that and the man literally speaks word by word.

"Mimi, did you bring the Kit Kats?" I asked turning to face her. She smiled away from her phone then brought out a chocolate bar.

"Here you go." She handed it to me.

"Lifesaver. You're the best." Is life without Mimi even fair enough to call it life? I can't imagine my world without her.

Just two more winners to go and we'll be out of here.

I was getting really tired and the time isn't doing any justice. I was getting suffocated when though the hall was extremely cold. I rose to my feet.

"Where are you off to?" Mimi inquired raising her head from her phone as she adjusted her black Abaya.

"I feel suffocated." I admitted slumping my shoulders backwards. She rolled her eyes before giving me a simple nod. The boring Roger guy was through with his biography and the second winner was about to be called out.

"And the second winner on the list is....well a beautiful young lady. We all know and love her, ladies and gentlemen I'd like to welcome Sabrina Adila Khaleed to the podium!"

I heard hands echoing loudly, people squealing and giggling. For a moment there I thought my heart had halted. How is this even possible? There are so many people out there that deserve this award more than I do.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement. Slowly, I strolled towards the glass podium as the master of ceremony handed the microphone to me.

Doing that weird surprised chortle and covering of my mouth with a palm, I screamed over the microphone, "Hello NYC!" The audience responded by repeatedly chanting SAK SAK SAK!