//30//:Birthday disaster

THIRD PERSON'S POV
ABUJA, NIGERIA.
23RD APRIL, 2018.

It was a day before Mrs Mahir's forty sixth birthday and her first four children were assisting in the organization of the party. It's been their tradition for the past five years to help their mother out for her birthday party arrangements. Mrs Mahir is a perfectionist. She wants everything to be perfect and better than the previous. Her children never fail to support her.

The party was to be held in one of Mr Mahir's event hall. It was a medium sized hall that would fit the perfect amount of invites.

"So white and grey balloons for this year?" Aliya questioned as she blew another balloon, tying the tip into a tight knot.

They don't even hire event planners for the birthday. The five do everything themselves. It's their way of bonding once in a while, considering they're all busy with their respective lives.

"Of course." Mrs Mahir replied as she arranged the flowers on the tables.

"How about the invites, are these all the people whom are going to be present?" Aliza inquired. She was sat backwards on a plastic chair with a tablet on her hand. She was dressed in a black sweatpants and sweatshirt with a white beanie on her head. Same as the rest. It was just the five of them and they were working so they all dressed casually.

"The list is okay. I wouldn't want much drama. Having more than thirty Hausa women will only cause chaos ." She spoke due to experience. Anytime northerners occupy most of the place, it will only fuel up gossip, drama and possibly fights. She wasn't a fan of those petty behaviors so she chose to stay low this year.

"I can't see your last born on the list. It's been five years since she attended your birthday celebration. Why don't you invite her?"

"Please, like I said, I don't want drama. She's a whole case on her own. On the contrary, she blocked me." Mrs Mahir nonchalantly said with a slight shrug.

The whole place went quiet as her children stared at her before bursting out into fits of laughter, even Ashraf. "What do you mean she blocked you?" Arif couldn't help but shed tears due to the immense laughter.

Shooting them her infamous glare, she replied. "It was three days after we returned from Kaduna..."

It was a day before a private tea party held by Mrs Mahir at her office. The party was for her friends and their daughters to have tea and converse with one another. Considering the fact that her daughter has never been present in one of those since she's been away for five years, she thought about inviting her to it. Mrs Mahir had called Sabrina several times but it kept on moving to voicemail. She then decided to give Mimi a call.

She had asked Mimi to add the tea party to Sabrina's schedule for the next day which she agreed immediately. Mimi respected the woman a lot but had no idea why she had a stiff relationship with her daughter. When she added it and the schedule to Sabrina, she sparked up.

Sabrina harshly dialed her mother's phone number which she had no idea how she can still remember it, but she did. "Assalamu Alaikum." She managed to say the taslim before snapping.

Mrs Mahir responded with a calmer tone. "Care to explain to me why you asked Mimi to add your bizarre and atrocious tea party to my schedule without my proper consent?" Sabrina questioned in a calm yet demanding manner.