//38//: Forgive and Forget

SABRINA'S POV

"....the end." I closed the book once I was done and gazed at the figure lying on the bed. I touched his palms with my fingers. It was even softer than it originally was.

"Visiting hours are over. Let's leave." Ya Aliza helped me up by placing an arm around my shoulder.

"Will he ever wake up?" I rested my head on her shoulders, as she patted my head slowly. "He's a fighter, he won't give up that easily." She smiled ever so brightly.

"Now come on, let's get going." Hand in hand, we departed from the hospital and settled on a bench outside the hospital at the parking lot. We've been visiting Baba Kaka every week ever since he slipped into coma, each day hoping that he'd wake up.

"So you treat mad people?"

Ya Aliza face palmed herself before letting out a sigh. "I'm a psychologist not a psychiatrist." She pointed out for the third time today.

"What's the difference?" I drew my brows together, as I wiggled my legs underneath the bench.

"Psychiatrists diagnose illness, manage treatment and provide a range of therapies for complex and serious mental illness while Psychologists focus on providing psychotherapy—talk therapy and tests to help patients." She adjusted her pink and white ankara skirt and blouse which fitted her perfectly.

Most times I wish I could actually try wearing Ankaras but I can't just picture myself in them. Though it looks stunning on my two sisters whom sorta resemble me. "Either way, you're still the coolest job holder."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are." I deadpanned letting no room for any further arguments. She raised her hands up in defeat. Ignoring her request for me to sit down soundly, I ran towards a small tree and placed my phone on a branch. I started making musically videos as I did the craziest dance moves. Trust me, I looked really ridiculous and hysterical. Luckily, the area was quiet and empty.

Ya Aliza started laughing at my weird dance moves. "Come back here and stop disgracing yourself." She rolled her eyes urging me to return.

I tilted my head backwards then shook it negatively. "Don't be such a mom. I know you love my—inna lillahi!" I yelled the last part as I saw a Black Range Rover speeding directly at me. I couldn't move, it was as though my feet were glued to the ground.

"Sabrina, move!" Ya Aliza ran towards me and pushed me out of the way, along with her. She was able to get us out of the way, before the car raced away.

It almost seemed like the person driving the car intended to drive me over. The car was the same as the one those men at Kaduna pulled over with when they attempted to rape me.

Nobody still knows of the incident except Farooq. And I wish it would remain that way. I had this gut feeling that someone was after me but I was quick to clear it away from my head.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" She touched different parts of my body just to make sure I was good. The worried look on her face made me regret not listening to her demand earlier on.

I took a puff out of my inhaler then slowly nodded with a beam. "Not a single scratch. I'm fine."

"You never listen. What if something bad had happened to you?" I could see how her eyes turned glossy in just a few seconds. What will I do without my dear sister? She loves me more than she loves herself.

I hugged her tightly in order to halt her scolding. "I'm sorry. I won't do it again. I promise." I heard her let out a sigh before hugging me back.

She intertwined our fingers and helped me up to my feet. "Baby will soon arrive, we'll drop you off at your fashion house."