//55//: Adieu

SABRINA'S POV
4TH FEBRUARY, 2019
ABUJA, NIGERIA.

I rushed out of the dining table and headed straight to the nearest restroom downstairs to throw up. I puked my guts out till I was gratified. And there goes my breakfast. So this is the morning sickness pregnant women go through. It's really nauseating to be honest.

I cleaned up then sauntered back to the dining room where Farooq was seated. His eyes were fixated on his phone as it refuse to spare me a mere glance. He acted so oblivious of the fact that I just threw up. I greeted him this morning but as expected, I got no reply.

Back to square one.

At least he drank the coffee I prepared for him. That's one thing I know he can't resist. His coffee addiction will be the death of him one day.

Gathering up some courage, I cleared my throat. "Your suit looks nice on you." I passed on a compliment to him waiting to get a response or even a slight emotion out of him but got none. He continued to go through his phone when he was done, he picked up his car keys and departed from the house.

By the sound of the car, I could tell it was his Lamborghini Veneno Roadster.

Meekly, I took my own car keys and drove to work. I honestly missed DILA KS a lot. I've been absent for months now and I feel even more guilty because this is the last time I'd be coming here.

My decision to leave burns me anytime I recall but I have to do it for my own sake. It took me lots of years, time, courage, strength and patience to get where I am today. And all that will just slip away tonight when I depart.

Clad in a black cashmere sweatshirt, cream wide leg jeans with black Dr Marten boots, a cream beanie over the black veil I wore, I ambled inside the building recalling the first time I walked into the place about a year ago. Oh how time passes by.

"SAK, we missed you so much!"

"Happy birthday in arias!"

"We love you, SAK!"

"Thank you for standing up against that rapist!"

"The people's princess!"

"Welcome back!"

"It's good to have you back, SAK!"

Different voices coherently shouted as I arrived. Tons of hugs, good luck wishes, and other sweet affectionate things were displayed to me. I so much missed my staff and employees here. They are really family because we all treat each other as one.

I know I don't look too good because I'm still recovering but they kept on saying that I look even more beautiful than I formally was. How I wish I loved myself even if it were half of how they loved me here. My eyes were so teary.

The feeling of being here for the last time crushed my heart to tiny bits. I barely opened my mouth to even reply them. All I did was smile, nod, hug then chuckled lightly.

Luckily, I managed to get to my office. It was filled with cards, flowers, candies, perfumes, lipgloss, raspberries, bottles of ginger ale wine, chocolates and other gift items. Thank goodness the office was really large so it only occupied half of the room.

Sauntering to my desk, I took a sit on the CEO's chair as I opened my sketch pad.

It felt so foreign to my hands.

I used to sketch almost every single day but here I was.

I first drew a line across the model's waist, then drew a line down the side indicating the dress's silhouette. Next, I drew a line across the bottom in a V shape to indicate that the dress's front should dip down. I was now through with the other side. I listened to the heart wants what it wants by Selena Gomez as I continued sketching the imaginary dress I know I won't ever design. This is the last time I'm using my sketch pad, might as well bless it before I flee.