//40//: Despair

SABRINA'S POV
AUGUST, 2018.
ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"Wait, pull over." I shouted at the sight of a captivating building. Although, it was uncompleted.

He parked the car after letting out a groan. I somehow feel bad for inconveniencing or getting beneath his skin these days. But he deserves it, after all he's done to me. I deserve the princess treatment.

"What is it?" He turned to face me but I wined down the window instead. A poster was pasted on the building which indicated that it was for sale.

"I want that." I pointed at the building. The idea of creating a recreational center just came up. The spot was perfect for a recreational center. It was a really popular street in Wuse that was always busy. The concentration of people there would attract tons of people.

He looked at me like I grew two heads, "The building?" He raised a brow.

"Yes, I want it." I repeated.

"Why and for what?"

"You'll know soon. For now I just want to have it in my possession."

"Then call the number beneath the poster to purchase it before it's sold. The land is suitable for a lot of things so I'm almost a hundred percent sure that it has caught the eyes of a lot of people." And he was certainly right. Who wouldn't want to use the building for something beneficial? The location and localization was perfect.

I smiled then dialed the number on the poster on my phone. The person's number that popped out made me chuckle slightly. "What?"

I slowly shoved the phone on his face for him to see the owner of the land. His lips drew into a smirk before he threw his head backwards. "Good luck there."

Letting out a groan of frustration knowing fully well who was going to pick, I called the number.

It rang thrice before the call was answered.

"Mahir's groups of industries, how may I help you?"

"Oh why hello Steven, how are you doing?" I spoke in the fakest voice ever as I made my voice even smaller.

I didn't miss the way his tone changed immediately as he heard my voice. We hate each other's guts."Miss Sabrina..."

"Let's save the formalities, yeah Steven?"

"Why did you call this line?" He questioned in a gruff tone. Finally showing his true colors.

"Give the phone to Daddy, I would like to speak to him." I went straight to the point. My father's PA, Steven was one of the many people I hated with passion. We've hated each other ever since I was in 7th grade till date.

He scoffed, "He's in the middle—"

"I said I want to speak to my Daddy. Give him the phone, or are your ears suddenly blunt?" I snapped not ready to start his case this morning.

I heard a hiss with muttered profanities before I heard my my Daddy's voice. My lips curved into a huge smile. "My princess, to what do I owe this call?"

He knows me too well. I never call I'm working days. I only call him during the weekends so I'm sure he knows I want something. That's why I like Daddy, he's intelligent and knows every single tactic of mine.

"I'm parked near one of your buildings at Wuse. I can see it's for sale. I want it. Now."

He sighed, "There are five others that are interested in purchasing the land. If you want it so bad then you have to get here before noon. The Buyer—Seller meeting is ongoing. Hurry up if you want it so bad." With that being uttered, he hung up.