//3//:Farewell Motherland

SABRINA'S POV
ABUJA, NIGERIA.
14TH JULY, 2013.

"Chop-chop! we are late!" I yelled taking my seat on the dining table. The butler served our breakfast which was Beef Sauce and pita bread. I was a bit annoyed that I couldn't prepare breakfast for the last time before we depart from the country, but oh well, it's fine.

We all ate in silence as it was only the sound of forks clashing with the ceramic plate were heard. Before one could say Abraham Lincoln, we were through, our trolleys and bags were being dragged by the bodyguards.

I was dressed in a black top that had lantern sleeves with a Sabrina neckline, tucked into a blue crop boot trousers, and a simple pump slippers. Kubra was donned in a grey crew neck top, tucked into a blue skinny jeans, with her signature knee length high heel boot. She wore a cream cape-let coat over it, wrapping a grey scarf around her head.

We hit the highway, Ya Arif was moving at an average speed which is not what we need at the moment. If he keeps on moving at an average speed, we sure as heck are going to miss our flight.

"Step on it!" I screamed impatiently into his ears. That seemed to have done the job because the next thing I knew my hands flew up as my body moved from left to right.

~

We arrived at Nnamdi Azikwe Airport. Tumbling our trolleys, our other bags being held by the two bodyguards that are to accompany us, our families followed suit. We have just few minutes to say our goodbyes, here comes the tears. Not from me though l...

I sauntered toward Ya Arif, his eyes were bloodshot red as though he was holding his tears. He embraced me in a brotherly hug, oh how I wish tears would just miraculously flow from my eyes. A girl can sure dream.

"Take care, Princess."

I smiled with a nod. He placed a soft kiss on my forehead. He gave Kubra a warm hug saying, " I will be waiting for my chips." She chuckled bitterly, tears endlessly streaming down her eyes. She was sure going to miss her number one troublemaker. I walked to Ya Aliya, I could see her wiping her eyes.

"Are you crying because you're going to miss me?" I pouted, wiggling my brows. She threw me her infamous glare, "Nonsense, I will do nothing of such." She snorted, refusing to meet my gaze.

"C'mere, why won't I miss you." She hugged me.

"Now who should I bully while you're away?" She pouted sadly.

I rolled my eyes, "You'll figure it out." I patted her back, walking pass her.

"Daddy—-"

"I can't describe how much...." he broke down into tears. I shook my head vigorously, "Don't, daddy." I hugged him. Then Mom and Dad; Kubra's parents. I fist bumped Jawahir, she said cool people only fist bumped not hugged. I stood right in front of Ya Ashraf. I don't even know if I should walk pass the beast or try talking to him.

"Goodbye." I muttered but I wasn't sure he heard. He brought out his phone and pretended to be in a call before her left the area. How can a brother be so harsh to his youngest sibling? People say, first and last born are the closest in the family, but in my case, it's a whole opposite of it. And there's nothing I can do to change that.