//42//: From him we are and to him we shall return

SABRINA'S POV
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.

"Goodbye, Los Angeles!" Jannah screamed at the top of her lungs as she ambled towards the private jet. She was about to scream again when I slapped my hands over her sharp mouth. The girl was in love with Los Angeles.

I had gotten better overnight and left the Los Angeles fashion week with three awards. I was very elated by it mainly because I had worked so hard to get where I am today. I knew I deserved it, they all did.

"Hey Khaleed! Mind if I get a lift?" Almost at the same rate, Jannah and I tilted our heads backwards. There she was dressed in a casual way as usual—black hoodie and grey sweatpants with her signature face cap, and black shades.

My lips stretched into a smile as I ran to her. "Heck no Coach!" I knew fully well how she hates hugs and any form of physical contact other than punching, when I hugged her tightly.

She pushed me away immediately with narrowed eyes. "You misbehaving with me, Khaleed?" She raised a brow tucking her hands inside her pockets.

I quickly maintained attention placing my hands beside me. "No, ma'am." The way this woman scares me. I usually forget the type of person I am with her around. She makes me look so tiny and defeat-able.

She chuckled as she told me to release my body which I did immediately. "So mind if I get a lift to Nigeria? Los Angeles is getting boring. I'd like to explore the home of corruption and crazy people." She wasn't wrong though. Especially the crazy people part. Nigerians have to be the craziest set of human beings.

"Los Angeles being boring is impossible, right Jannah?" I asked Jannah who was standing next to me with a weary smile.

"Of course." She smiled.

Coach Camila removed her shades, analysing Jannah's figure slowly before she spoke. "You look darn familiar girl."

"She's Firdaus Jannah Al-Qasim—-she was also in the same girl's basketball team I was back in high school when you coached us once." She gave her a once over then it clicked to her.

"You're Al-Qasim! Khaleed's nemesis—Jannah the Viking?"

Jannah chuckled before nodding her head. "Yes, Coach. It's nice seeing you again."

"I would've loved it if you had played for our team at UCLA with Khaleed. Our team would've been undefeated."

I pouted slightly throwing Coach a glare. "The team was still undefeated while I was there. I literally led them to victory."

Coach pushed me aside then placed a hand on Jannah's shoulders as we walked to the jet. "Yeah whatever, Khaleed. Now tell me Al-Qasim, why didn't you also school at UCLA? If I could clearly recall, you, Khaleed and Kubra were the best of friends."

Jannah smiled sadly then replied. "Well it's all my Dad's fault."

"How?" She blurted out. That was when I invited myself into the conversation. "Her Dad's nuts! Let's get in first I'll tell you all about it."

Jannah groaned in frustration throwing her head backwards. "Must you tell everyone about it?"

"I have to. So coach....."

____________________________________

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

We had dropped Coach at Transcorp Hilton hotel before she could get an apartment which will be in a week interval. Betty texted Jannah saying we should come straight to The Mahir's Residence I don't know why though.