//60//: Double Fire

THIRD PERSON'S POV
31ST JANUARY, 2023
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

Sabrina fixed Safreen's knee length coat which was really small. Well, the daughter was small so all her clothes ought to be. She wore a Baby Gigot Sleeve Top & Plaid Print Asymmetrical Hem Skirt with black tights and a black knee length coat over it. These were the first clothes she purchased for her from DILA KS.

It was because she knew Mimi had designed it. She saw it from her last post on instagram so she did the needful and purchased it. The outfit was so beautiful and was perfect for her little Safreen.

"Princess, I don't want to go for a walk!" Safreen whined loudly folding her small arms across her chest with a slight glare.

"What did I tell you about being lazy?" Sabrina slipped in her own similar clothes but her coat was a long one, so was the skirt.

"Boring! I don't want to go! I don't want to go! I don't want to go! I don't!" She started stumping her feet on the ground and screaming till she mistakenly hit the vase behind her which came crashing down to pieces.

Sabrina glowered at her as she roughly slipped the last hands gloves. "Keh ubanki!; your father!" She didn't even know when the words rolled down from her tongue but it did. She missed her father's tongue for reals. Over here, it's not like Coach understood the language. Beside, she doesn't talk to anyone.

The little girl squinted her eyes with each hand placed on her waist, trying to process what her mother said. "What did you say?" She batter her eyelashes as though it wasn't her being stubborn a while ago.

Sabrina gave her a fake smile as she bent down to her level. "Anti jameela; you're beautiful." What's going on with her head? From her father's language to her mother's language.

It's the thing. It's after her once again. That crazy fluid that was halfway out after she birthed Safreen. It's slowly coming back to her system after such a long time. She doesn't think she can handle it.

"What's that again?"

"I'm teaching you, your language." She pointed out. Well at first, it was an insult which she isn't supposed to learn at an early age. It will mess her up if she started using vulgar words at four. And Sabrina would be tagged as the worst mom in the world.

Safreen squinted her eyeballs even smaller as she wasn't buying a word her mom was saying. "Are you lying, Princess?"

Sabrina's eyes went wide as saucers at her outburst. The girl's mouth had no filter at all. "Are you calling me a liar, Safreen Aliza Khaleed?" She blurted out in disbelief.

Safreen knew she couldn't escape her this time. She's been too naughty for the night. So she took a run to only God knows where. Sabrina screamed out I'm frustration. The girl was slowly making her lose her mind.

But then again, she's just behaving like her after all. Especially the 'running away when you can't face your problem' part. That was Sabrina in all glory.

Tying her shoe laces so she she wouldn't trip and make a fool out of herself in public, she ran after Safreen as fast as she could. The girl knew corners and shortcuts to most of the places in LA but what she forgot was that Sabrina's favorite city was LA so there's no shortcut or route she doesn't know.

She's flabbergasted that she could run this fast.

"Get back here, Safreen!" She quickened her pace as she tugged back her scarf.

Safreen didn't stop till she reached a bench. The same bench Sabrina sat on last the day she gave birth to Safreen. The bench she last saw her Farooq.
On reaching the destination, her heart stopped beating for a slight moment as she couldn't comprehend what was happening. No, it can't be. Her left hand started shaking as her anxiety crippled over her. She immediately put the hand behind her back.