//45//: SA

Three weeks month later

"How do you feel now?" Farooq inquired the minute Sabrina strolled downstairs. She was running a temperature and she couldn't even say it out loud. He was really pissed about it but he sufficed his anger because he couldn't blame her. She had turned into a new born baby. She speaks only when she has to. He tries his best to lighten her day by telling her a story or a funny event that had occurred, watching movies with her, reading a book, he even tried designing a dress on her sketch pad but it was as though he was the only one paying attention because she would completely zone out.

The way she mellows out was scary and disturbing because only she knew what she daydreams about. Whether it's a good event or bad one, nobody knows because that blank, inexpressive, and stolidness has taken over her.

Sabrina's sunny smile was in short supply. It was so sparse that when she does smile, one would love to immediately capture it on camera before it fades away.

She only gave him a simple nod which he was used to by now. "Come on, I ordered lunch." He intertwined their fingers, as they sauntered to the dining area. He served the take outs on a ceramic plate then got her a glass of water.

The princess treatment she deserves is what she'll surely get. Her brother and father call her princess yet they don't treat her like one. She deserves the world and even more.

He hates the whole family for turning her this way.

You don't understand how much you really mean to me
I need you in my...

Before the ringing tone could continue, he picked the call for her. "Yes, what is it?" He gruffly questioned sticking the phone to his left ear.

"I want to speak with my friend." Came Kubra's soft voice.

"Last time I checked, she broke that so called friendship."

"You can't keep picking the phone for her, it's her life not yours. She can decide to speak with whomsoever she wishes. I miss her—" before she could continue, the phone was swiped away by Arif.

"Farooq, give my sister the phone!" He snapped from the other side.

"Was that an order or a request?" Farooq raised a daring brow even though he couldn't see him. If there's one thing Farooq hates is being bossed around. He loves doing it to others but hates it when someone orders him.

"An order."

"You and your wife are making me bored. And you know Adila isn't a fan of boredom. Don't call this number again." He deadpanned dropping the phone on the table.

It is still flabbergasting how he speaks to people these days. In such a casual manner, it was as though his heart was remoulding itself back to how it was. Because the Farooq that Kubra and Arif knew would never speak up to two sentences but here he was showcasing his annoyance.

Sabrina was amazed by how he picks every single call she receives and gives them the answer they deserve. She didn't make it too obvious but she was elated about it.

The other day, he released the dogs for her friends when they attempted to enter their premises without permission. Farooq was brutal and ruthless and what made him more vicious was the fact that he didn't care. As long as he gets what he wants, he doesn't give a flying pig.

"I'm this close to blocking most of the people on your contact list." He admitted, taking a gulp of water before massaging his tensed temples.

She nodded then curved her lips into the tiniest smile before she continued eating. Her eating manner had changed and heck was it displeasing to the eye. Sabrina eats like a dog or better, a person who just got saved after suffering from famine for weeks. He used to hate how she eats but eventually he admired it. All of sudden she's now eating all civilised. He was this close to running mad.