//44//: Numbness

THIRD PERSON'S POV
KING'S CARE HOSPITAL

"I'm sure you're all aware that she has anxiety disorder, right?" The doctor questioned as he took a seat opposite the family.

Most of them shook their heads because they found it hard to believe. "Yes, I know she does. But how did you?" Kubra asked the female medical doctor that also bagged a diploma and masters in psychology.

The doctor smiled then fixed her spectacles. "I noticed some symptoms of it whenever she comes to visit her grandfather and the first day she came here. I think her sister is a psychologist herself because she seemed to have taken good care of her. That's you right?" She pointed at Aliya because she looked just like Aliza.

Aliya smiled a bit then shook her head negatively. "That's my twin sister, she's late."

"Ohh." The room went quiet for a minute as their thoughts drifted off to when Aliza was still alive. She would have never allowed anything bad to happen to her. "Well moving on, she has anxiety disorder. She has also been diagnosed with PTSD. Then moving on to the last one, Mrs Khaleed is depressed."

"Depressed?" Daddy inquired because it couldn't be true. The girl is the bubbliest person he knows. She's all cotton candies and rainbows.

"Yes, Mr Mahir. Your daughter is depressed."

"She recently lost her sister, that must be the cause of her depression." Mrs Mahir stated because it seemed to be the best possible option.

"I don't think you understand, Mrs Mahir." She rose up to her feet tucking her hands into the pockets of her lab coat.

"Please stop speaking in riddles, Doctor Sofia." Arif raised his voice because he had only little patience left in him.

"As I had analysed the scars and cuts on her body, I could tell that she's been doing this for a very long time."

Mrs Mahir and Amma stood up almost at the same time. "What cuts?" They asked in unison. Doctor Sofia glanced at Farooq. "You didn't tell them?" But she got no reply. All he did was give them a blank expression then slipped his hands back into his pockets. Truth be told, he blamed them all for whatever happened to her. But he can't deny the fact that he may have been the reason she cuts herself at home. Of course he clearly remembers how he treated her like shit, he would do anything to rid her away from those awful memories.

"You can all come in, the room is really spacious." As they walked into the room she was hospitalised in, Doctor Sofia raised Sabrina's hospital gown up for them to have a clear view of what she's been doing to herself.

Betty, Kubra, Aliya, Arianna, Mimi, Jannah, Harisa, Amma, Mommy and Amma burst out into uncontrollable tears as they saw all the scars on her lap and thighs. Arif couldn't bare the sight of it so he sauntered towards the window, he used his thumb and index finger to cover his eyes to halt the tears from escaping.

"My daughter..." Abi burst out into tears as Amma tried to calm him down though she herself was still in tears.

"Your daughter, engages in self harm. Self-harm is when you hurt yourself as a way of dealing with very difficult feelings, painful memories or overwhelming situations and experiences. Some people engage in it to turn emotional pain into physical pain, express something that is hard to put into words, or to express suicidal feelings and thoughts without taking their own life."

"Are you saying that our daughter is suicidal?" Dad's eyes widened slightly, placing a hand on his chest.

"I can't speak for her. Only she can answer that question when she's regained consciousness. What I do know is that Mrs Khaleed has been depressed for a long time. And I'm not a fool to not know that the root cause of it all is her family. Believe it or not you all did this to her, if she were to have lost her life tonight, then you are all to blame for it." Doctor Sofia was a naturally blunt and brutally honest woman. She didn't feel little in the presence of such influential people neither was she afraid to express her feelings and anger directing to them.