Chapter 76

Zayn Evans

How did I let this happen? What if he had shot her before I went there? What if I lost her because of it? I would have ended up losing myself in it. I would have lost everything. My everything. If something had happened, I would never be able to wake up next to her, to have the most dreamed mornings with her. If something had happened, I would never be able to have any more wonderful clumsy dates with her. If something had happened, I would never be able to look at her mesmerising brown eyes which always looked at me with love. If something had happened, I would never be able to see her breathtaking smile, which helped me keep sane.

If something had happened, I would never be able to be there on the most anticipated day, our wedding. If something had happened, I would never be able to say my wedding vows to her. If something had happened, I would never be able to build a family of our own. If something had happened, I would never be able to grow old with her. If something had happened, I would never be able to spoil her with love forever and ever. I would have lost her. I would have lost myself.

Those thoughts made my heart clench painfully. Those thoughts suffocated me. I never knew when I started crying but my face was drenched with tears. It feels difficult to breathe. I love her too much to see her hurt. I need her beside me now but this is definitely not something to let loose. Aurora messed up big this time and she needs to know how much it would affect me. How much it would affect us. She literally would have destroyed our beautifully carved future together. Thousand daggers pierced through my heart when I yelled at her; when I walked out even after looking at her shuddering petite figure when I was supposed to be hugging her to death. I was hyper-ventilating and I really needed to calm down. I took deep breaths and tried composing myself. The effect she had on me is dangerously ridiculous.

I drank some water and calmed myself down. I should do anything and everything to keep her safe. To begin with, I should find that bastard. In addition, I need to upgrade the security. Furthermore, I need to make sure that Aurora doesn't do something like this again. In conclusion, I need to finish this shit as soon as possible. I can't let it take a whole lifetime to find the bastard.

I told this to Bryan and the lads and they are fuming as well. We should talk about this. I just called them to come to my office as home isn't a proper place to discuss this. I also told them to collect as much information as possible and reach my office. I was sunken in my deep thoughts. It was dusk already. Suddenly I heard the door creak to see the lads making their way in. They came and sat on the couch as I stood up from my seat.

"Well, any information about the bastard?" I asked, my voice gruff.

Narration

Soon, the lads entered his cabin and felt hurt to see Zayn like that. He looked terrible. His tie undone and the top few buttons were unbuttoned. His shirt's sleeves rolled till his elbows and his eyes were bloodshot. Nerves popped out from his neck and forearm. He doesn't look like himself. He looked really terrible. His always perfectly chiselled hair was messy; his crisp shirt wrinkled; his daring brown orbs vulnerable and his confident self, unstable.

"Well, any information about the bastard?" He asked, his voice gruff.

"Unfortunately, no. I checked the CCTV footage at the Starbucks and unfortunately the camera there as well as in the parking lot, both were not working at the particular time alone. That is between 2-4pm which is a negative sign as it's clear that Aurora's been stalked because that's exactly when she was there," said Ryan.