Chapter 23

Zayn Evans

I was on my bed and my mind drifted to the beautiful memories with Aurora today. Like she lives on my mind rent less. She actually never leaves to return in fact.

First, when I saw her at her house, I was speechless. I mean was it even legal to look that dashing? God, I found myself gasping for air and hopefully I didn't let her know the effect she had on me. She literally killed it and come on, Aurora can pull off any dress and look breathtaking which is her classic trait. I even said that she was beautiful. Honestly, I didn't have any intentions to say that, but I did. I wasn't able to control myself when I was with her. Damn.

She was silent during the whole drive. I didn't talk too. I mean what can I talk about when she's sitting too quiet? Maybe she is a bit uncomfortable? I kicked away all the urges to start a conversation as I don't want to stress her in any way and concentrated on driving.

Soon, we reached the place and we went to meet Uncle Thomas. He was a really sweet old man. He treated us really well. I've known him for many years and he was pretty impressed cause he knows me too well that I ain't the one for poetry, hell with poetry, I never do anything at school but yeah, I too can change. He literally embarrassed me saying that he never knew that I would ever indulge in school activities and was pretty shocked when he heard that I wrote the poem. Only then Aurora showed her pearls. Aww, what a smile.

We had dinner with him. Aurora went along well with Mrs Thomson and I wondered how well she'll get along with my mum. Wait, what? What was I even thinking? Well, it's not wrong, is it? I'm bemused and I need help. The only person who came to my mind was Ryan. I need to talk to him. 

Soon, we left the place and again I drove in silence. Why the fuck is Ms. Brat so damn quiet? Her silence is killing me. I need to hear her voice and that's it. What shall I do? I was thinking hard and that's when an idea popped into my mind. I internally smirked at my smart self.

I abruptly stopped the car with a flinch. She looked at me with wide eyes and asked, "What happened," and I said, "Don't know. I need to check," with a straight face as nobody would ever find that I was lying. My talents are over the roof. 

After searching for invisible faults in my perfect car I lied that the car broke down and said that I would call my driver to take us home and I clearly know she loves walking. My plan worked as she herself suggested walking.

I happily agreed and we started walking in complete silence and suddenly she stopped walking.

I turned and asked," What?"

"Ice cream. I want ice cream," she said pointing at the ice cream parlour like a baby. Aww, you can't melt me just like that. I couldn't help but to find it cute. I chuckled as I nodded.

We went in and ordered ice cream. I finished one and she finished three! I was amused again! She looked adorable! And I paid the bill after a long series of arguments. Oooff, she's a tough one.

We continued walking and I started a conversation as I felt that she seemed a lot more comfortable. My brat being the brat squealed and danced on the road, and ended up twisting her ankle and fell down with a loud thud. 

Such a brat!

I crouched down to her level and gently took off her heels. I felt pain when she flinched when I touched her ankle. She should not be this careless but I chose not to scold her when she was already in pain. Brat.

I went to carry her and she, being Aurora, denied it. It was so amusing and annoying at the same time. Like girls are dying to be noticed by me and here she is fighting me. Irony.