Chapter 86 ~ The End

Dedicated to VikiMitkovska ❤️

Narration

Ryan had woken up a few minutes ago. On hearing this, Kate jumped in happiness and immediately went to see her husband. "Kate." he whispered, his voice gruff and strained, on seeing her. Hearing his voice brought tears to her eyes and seeing him all tired and dull on the bed with equipment connected, she wondered how much pain he must have gone through. She stood there with tears streaming down her rosy cheeks, looking at him. 

"C'mon, don't cry baby. Seeing you cry is not something I'd ever want to witness and you know that." Saying this, he tried sitting up with great struggle as she rushed to his aid to help him sit. He took her hands in his and kissed it softly and said, "I am sorry, Kate," wiping her tears. 

She kissed his forehead and asked, "How are you feeling now?"

"Lot better, with you by my side," he said with a handsome wink to which she giggled. 

"How are Aurora and Ash?" he asked.

"All are good and on their way to see you." 

"I love you. Never scare me like that. Like you are going to leave me. I don't think I can survive it twice," she said, her eyes welling up.

"I promise, I won't. Now please don't cry, Kate. It's not good for you and our baby."

She wiped off her tears, she was red from all crying and sleeplessness. The air was so emotional that it suffocated both of them and to soothe the tension, he asked, "I have survived a gunshot and underwent a surgery and don't you think I deserve a French kiss, my love?" winking at her, making her smile.

Just then Zayn, Aurora, Jason and Arianna entered the room. As soon as seeing Zayn, Ryan smiled at him and Zayn looked at him with an unreadable expression. It looked as if they were talking with just their eyes and forgetting about anything and everything around them. Ryan moved a bit and patted the side of his bed motioning Zayn to sit. Zayn slowly advanced and sat right beside him and took Ryan's hand. 

"I - I don't, I don't know how to say this. The thing you have done for me, for us, is something I should forever be thanking you for. Thank you, Ryan. Thank you for everything you've done." said Zayn with tears in his eyes, looking at his friend gratefully.

"Are you really crying, mate? And you are saying thanks for what? I was just being selfish so there's nothing to thank me for. I thought not living is better than living without you and took the shot." 

Zayn just chuckled, "You know what? I'm immensely grateful to have you all in my life, I swear."

"You better be," said Jason and Ryan in the chorus, making everyone giggle.

Aurora looked at Ryan with a beaming smile.

"I love you, Ryan. You've always been an elder brother which I never had and always wanted." she said. 

"Love you too, darling." he said.

They were having a conversation and suddenly the door opened and Harry walked in with Hannah. 

"Will you ever be on time at least once in your lifetime, Harry?" asked Zayn to which Harry replied with, "You already know the answer." with a wink, making Zayn nod his head in disbelief.

He looked at Ryan with a smile and asked, "Hey mate! How are you doing? Having fun?" 

"I'm really having fun and very comfortable with all these stupid equipments attached to my body, thank you Harry!" said Ryan sarcastically, rolling his eyes.