Chapter 48

Author's POV.

Zayn and Aurora swayed to the music for sometime telling silly jokes into each other's ears and were giggling the whole time. Ryan then asked Kate to dance with him and of course she said yes and the new couple joined Zayn and Aurora. The couples were having the best time of their lives in each other's arms. All were ecstatic and Harry stood at a distance and watched his friends with a wide grin on his face. A tall blonde made way to him and asked," Shall we dance?".

Harry's eyebrows were knitted together in confusion as he tried to recognize her and after a few moments of continuous staring, it dawned on him, that it was his long lost poetry partner. He didn't remember her name as well.

"You don't have a pair?" he asked amused. She was good looking and he wondered why she didn't have a pair.

A chuckle left her mouth as she said, "What's so surprising about it?"

"I was just wondering why you didn't have a pair though you look decent enough," he said with a sly smirk.

"When one of the hottest guys in the school doesn't have a pair, it is definitely not a surprise when just a decent looking girl doesn't have one too. One more thing, I did have a pair, but that moron didn't turn up so just thought of asking you since I noticed you didn't have one too. After all it is the last day at school and what's wrong in having some fun?" she asked as she smiled.

"Many girls did ask me but I turned them down," he said looking at her.

"I'm not surprised," she said chuckling.

"Let's dance." he said as he grabbed her and went to the dance floor. It was indeed a great evening, as they were all ecstatic and having fun.

After the dance, Aurora said that she wanted to be with Kate for some time as she wanted to seal some memories she had with Kate ever since Kindergarten and that was the right time. Zayn didn't want her to leave but eventually, he left her after a whole series of whining. Kate and Aurora were talking about everything right from the first time they stepped into the school, following their childhood memories till everything that had happened this year. They can't believe that they have grown up so much, so fast. Their midnight talks where there were nothing called secrets, their cheesy talks worse than a couple, their bickering and fighting and everything seemed so vivid in their fresh memory. It was like a beautiful dream which they didn't want to end.

Ryan and Zayn were talking while Harry was still with that girl.

"I want to talk with Kate, but seems like she's really busy," said Ryan as he sighed. Zayn thought for a minute before walking towards Kate and Aurora.

He said,"Aurora, your sister just called me and said that she wanted to meet you immediately. Something important it seems."

"Is everything alright? Where is she?"asked Aurora as she started to panic.

"She's safe and waiting for you. Just wanna talk about the wedding,"he said, relaxing her.

"I'll go with you. Wait," said Kate.

Ryan came in between and said,"Well, there's no need. It's just a talk, relax Kate. I'll take you later."

"No. I wanna go!" said Kate.

"Don't worry. You stay here. I'll call you. Take care sweetie." said Aurora as she smiled sweetly at Kate.

Zayn was fuming with jealousy cause she never called him like that. A part of him was happy that he's taking her with him but the other part was swallowed by jealousy.