Chapter 38 Wedding Vows and Proposals (Part 1)

Saturday finally came and everyone's been up early for Lucy and Ian's wedding. The ceremony will begin at 2 PM and at 9 AM the girls are busy with their preparations.

"We are all excited for you, Luce. This is it!" Ashley screamed in excitement.

"Yes! Finally, you and Ian will be spending the rest of your lives together. We are all so happy for you," Sasha added.

"Thank you. I am just so happy that you're all here to celebrate with me," Lucy said.

"Are the boys here already?" Shay asked.

"On their way. Keegan and Tyler, together with Archer and Dylan," Troian said.

"I still can't believe you guys ended up together," Sasha said.

"Funny, right? We all just met by accident and now Tyler and I are on our 3rd year and Troian and Keegan just celebrated their 4th," Ashley said.

"The hands of destiny brought us all together," Cece said as she looked at her fiance.

"That's overly dramatic don't you think, babe? I think vodka and bars brought you and me together," Shay said.

Ashley shot Shay a look, motioning towards Sasha. Shay then realized what she just said, but Sasha seemed not bothered at all by her ex's comment. It was silent for a moment until Troian spoke.

"Where's Janel, Sash? I haven't seen her since this morning," Troian asked.

Sasha's mood suddenly changed from happy to sad.

"She went back to Oregon early this morning. Claire asked her to personally take a look at some glitches on the program they are working on," Sasha said with sadness in her voice.

"Couldn't anyone else handle it?" Shay asked.

"No. She's the head of the project and Claire trusts only her about this program," Sasha answers.

"What is she working on anyway? You never told us," Troian asked.

"They are developing a program that will analyze voice and speech patterns. It could detect lies. I mean if a person is lying, the program will be able to say so," Sasha answered.

"That's something very interesting. A modern lie detector test, but those can be tricky, and are difficult to be entered as evidence in court," Troian said.

"Jan knows that. That's why they are working so hard on this program to make sure there are no loopholes, and that it can be used during the trial," Sasha said.

"We hope everything turns out good for your sake Sash," Ashley said.

"Will, she be back even for the reception?" Lucy asked.

"Thanks, Ash. And she said she'll try, but I hardly believe that's even possible. When it's about the program she's working on, she'll pretty much drop everything for it. Even me and Rosie," Sasha added.

"Hey, it's okay. We're here. We'll have fun today, just like the old times!" Shay said trying to make the blonde smile.

"Yeah. I've got Rosie and you guys. It'll be fine," Sasha said smiling at her friends.

"Hey! No more drama! This is a wedding, not a funeral," Ashley said eliciting laughter from her friends.

How is she? Is she buying it?

Yeah. She has no idea. What's the whole plan? When are you coming?

It will happen during reception. Make sure everyone's there. And that they have no clue, especially her and Rosie.

Do you think this will work?

It better work. I've been working on this for months now.

Will it get her to say yes?

It better.

Okay. Let me know when you get here. I gotta go.

Of course. Bye.

As their wedding song began playing over the piano, Lucy slowly made her way down the aisle. Listening to the lyrics of their chosen song Best Part by H.E.R and Daniel Caesar, Lucy can't help herself from being a little emotional. It has been a long journey for her and Ian. Lucy recalled the countless times that they have broken up, the different relationships they had in between, their parents not approving of their relationship, but through it all, they're now about to say their I dos. As Lucy looked in front of her, she saw Ian looking so handsome in his black tuxedo. He is standing beside his dad, smiling at her. She smiled back, thinking that in just a few minutes she will get to spend forever with the man who completed her heart.

The ceremony was like a blur for Lucy, next thing she knew it's time to deliver their vows. She didn't write anything, her mom kept on insisting that she needs to write her thoughts and feelings down, but she feels like it is better to just speak from her heart. She hated preparing speeches anyway, so she'll just go freestyle. She was looking intently at Ian's eyes, letting him know that she's only got her eyes on him.

"You may now say your vows for each other."

"When I first met you, a lot of people said that I will just be one of your flings. That one day you will get tired of me and just move on to the next girl. Others were so against us because I was so young and you were in college and that young love never lasts. But we didn't care about what they said, about what they thought about us. We fought for our love and we fought hard. It was not an easy road for us, I couldn't even count the times we have broken up. I've always thought that each breakup was probably worse than the last, and eventually, it will finally be the end. That perhaps we'd finally given up because fighting for this love has become too exhausting, but I was wrong. No matter how many relationships I was in, I always come back to us. I would always see a future with you, even if we're not together. When I saw you again in New York 2 years ago, I knew that I have found my way home, because I found you...again. Ian? I couldn't promise you an easy life with me, you know how crazy and eccentric I can be sometimes. I couldn't promise you a dozen kids but I can try to give you a basketball team if my body will let me. I couldn't promise you delicious food every day, but I can promise you, I will be cooking each food with love for you and our future kids. I couldn't promise you forever, but I could promise you every waking day of my life will be spent loving you. I Lucy Hale, take you as my husband, to have and to hold, 'til death do us part."

Everyone was holding back tears at Lucy's words. They were perfect, they were beautiful. The rest of the ceremony went by like the wind, leaving everyone breathless and pretty much in love with the newlyweds.