Chapter 7 Not A Sleepover Afterall

It's a great Saturday and the girls are having a sleepover at Sasha's house. At the moment, the other girls are preparing the house and Sasha and Shay are tasked with buying food.

"What do you think we should get?" Sasha asked Shay.

"I don't know. Maybe pizza? Or Chinese? Or pasta from that Italian restaurant that we love," Shay suggested.

"What do you think the girls will like?"

"Ashley eats about everything and Troian is not that picky either."

"Lucy loves Chinese though."

"So Chinese?" Shay asked.

"I think we should go to the Italian resto. I am craving for some pasta," Sasha suggested.

As the two drove silently on their way to the Italian resto 6 blocks away from Sasha's house, Shay can't help but admire the beautiful woman sitting beside her. Humming silently to a Beyonce song. Sasha looked so happy. Her eyes are radiating with excitement and Shay can't help but smile.

Sasha is humming silently to her favorite Beyonce song, aware that a certain brunette is taking stolen glances at her. She couldn't be happier. She has made new friends and she feels so good about herself. She feels content and extra happy because her girl crush is driving with her.

Once they got to the Italian resto, they immediately ordered food and waited for their take out. They ordered 2 variety of pasta, enough to share among the 5 of them. When they got their order, they immediately drove back. As the two were laughing about a funny story in one of Shay's class, Sasha's phone rang.

"Hey, bestie! We are on our way back. Are you guys that hungry already?" Sasha said to Lucy once she answered her phone.

"I'm so sorry bestie, but I'm about to leave now. Mom just called and she needs me to stay home. It's such a bummer. I'm so excited for this night!" Lucy said.

"DO you really have to? This is our first sleepover with the other girls. Too bad you'll miss it."

"I know. I hate it too. But I really need to go. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Bye bestie."

"Okay, bye." Sasha put down her phone. Both of them were disappointed because they are now down to 4 girls. When they were at the driveway, they saw Ashley and Troian rushing towards them.

"I'm so sorry guys. Mom called and she's dragging me to this important dinner hosted by her political party. I can't say no. I love you both," Trioan said in a rush.

"I have to go too. My mom called and there is an emergency at home. I am so sorry. Everything is ready inside. Enjoy the sleepover," Ashley said and also ran off.

Sasha and Shay looked at each other. It was supposed to be a sleepover among the five of them and now, it's only the two of them standing in front of Sasha's house.

"Do you still want to stay over?" Sasha asked, clearly disappointed about the sudden turn of events.

"Yeah. Why not. We have food and the girls prepared everything. So why not. Let's do this," Shay said in response. Trying to cheer the other girl up.

As they made their way inside the house, they noticed that it is somewhat dark and a piece of sweet slow music is playing on the background. They looked at each other, smiling and knowing exactly what their friends just did.

"They set us up!" Both of them said at the same time.

As soon as the realization hit them, they started laughing. The living room has been transformed. The sofa has been moved to the sides and at the center of the living room were white pillows surrounded by different candles that come in different shapes and sizes. There were also some rose petals on the floor and a bottle of champagne chilling in the center. The two can't contain their smiles. The girls did make an effort to make this place so romantic. Shay looked at Sasha and she can see a glint of happiness and warmth on the blonde's face. Her beauty is truly breathtaking. Abandoning all her reservations, Shay took Sasha's hand in hers, leading her to the center of the living room.

"Our friends made an effort. Let's make the most of it," Shay said.

Sasha smiled and let Shay guide her. She likes the feel of Shay's hands on hers. It feels right like they belong with each other. As the two of them sat on the pillows and petals on the floor, Sasha and Shay held each other's gaze. No one wants to break eye contact, fearing that the bliss of the moment will fade if one will look away.

"Sasha?" Shay started ... "I ..."

Shay didn't even finish her sentence when she felt Sasha's soft lips brush against hers. It was soft and quick, but it was pure and true.

"I like you, Shay," Sasha whispered.

"I like you too," Shay said in response.

With that, no other words were needed to be said. They both knew what they want. Even though it took them 7 years to get where they are, they are glad they did.

Sasha and Shay spent the night talking endlessly. Sharing more things about each other, trying to make up for the lost years. As they drifted into the night, they held each other tight, never wanting to let go.