Chapter 10 Waking Up

It has been over a month since they rushed Sasha to the hospital. Shay couldn't shake the memory of the lifeless Sasha in her arms. She has never missed a day in visiting the blonde, ever since that night. Every day she would bring her flowers before going to school, and after class, she would go straight to the hospital and stay there until midnight. Sometimes she would even sleep in the hospital and just stay by Sasha's side, watching her sleep, watching her breathe silently. 

The doctors said that it was a really close call. If Shay had been a minute late, Sasha could have died. She overdosed on her antidepressant pills and now she is in a coma. Shay couldn't understand why the love of her life decided to just take the pills. She knew she was in tremendous pain that night, but she never thought that the trauma and horror of what had happened would lead the blonde to end her life.

Their friends would also visit every day, just like Shay. They were there not just for Sasha but also for their brunette friend.

"How are you holding up?"Ashley asked Shay, one Saturday afternoon when all the girls are in Sasha's hospital room.

"Every day, I'm praying to God that she wakes up. I can't live without her."

"Where's Sasha's mom?" Troian asked.

"She is at the office, she does not want to stay here the whole day. It breaks her heart seeing Sasha like this. She said she needed to be distracted or she will go crazy," Shay said.

Sasha's mom went home to the US the next day after she learned her daughter is in the hospital. When the girls told her everything, she can't help but feel responsible for what happened to her daughter. If she only knew what happened back then. If she did not get so caught up in her pain, she would have been there for her daughter. She blamed herself.

"She'll wake up soon. She has to," Lucy said on the verge of tears. The smaller brunette has been best friends with Sasha since they were in 5th grade. She was the first one to approach the new girl in their gym class, and everything just took off since that day. She couldn't imagine a life without the blonde and she knows in her heart that Sasha would pull through.

All the girls decided to stay in the hospital for the night. They wanted to keep Shay company. It's a good thing that the nurses and doctors allowed it, provided they keep it low-key. The three girls were busy talking and making plans about a getaway, once they all graduated. Shay was silent during this whole exchange, wondering if Sasha would still be with them when that happened. Thinking if Sasha will even have the chance to graduate. Troian noticed that their friend is silent and nudged her with her knee. 

"Hey. Sasha will wake up soon, and she will be with us during graduation. She will be with us on our trip to Hawaii and the two of you will hold hands throughout our plane ride." That was all she could say. Trying to bring a smile on her best friend's face.

The night is still young and the four friends were eating the pizza, Sasha's mom bought for them. She's now sitting beside her daughter looking at her with all the love she can give. As if her stares would will her daughter to wake up. She was holding on to her daughter's hand when she felt a slight movement and a short beeping on the monitor. She opened her eyes widely and panicked. Standing up and rushing to the door calling the nurses in. The other girls looked at her and stood up. They all heard the monitors beeping loudly now. Shay rushed to Sasha's side and started crying.

"Babe. Please, don't leave me. Wake up, babe. Wake up."

All the other girls were hugging each other tightly and crying themselves softly. The nurses and a doctor rushed in, immediately checking on Sasha.

After a few minutes of trying to bring Sasha's vitals back to normal, nothing short of a miracle happened. Sasha suddenly opened her eyes. Shay was the first to notice as the blonde opened her eyes and blinked a few times.

"Oh my god! Sasha!" Shay shouted. Everyone looked at the blonde girl, now staring at all of them. Trying her best to put on a smile.

"I'm sorry..." Sasha softly said.