That Sunday Afternoon with Janel

It was a Sunday afternoon and Janel was in this small clothes shop just a few blocks away from her home. She's looking for a top that would match with her skinny jeans. She was busy minding her own business when a blonde girl suddenly bumped into her.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking. Are you okay?" The blonde girl asked her. Immediately Janel was mesmerized by the girl's beauty. Deep blue eyes and a dimpled smile, her heart just melted. The girl looks unfamiliar though, she's most definitely not from Ravenswood.

"It's okay. Don't sweat it. You're not from here, are you?" Janel asked.

"How did you know? Is it that obvious?" The blonde girl asked.

"Well, I live a few blocks from here and I haven't seen you in this store before. Plus I pretty much know everyone in this small town. So yeah, it's a little obvious."

"Ohh. You're right. I'm actually from Rosewood, the neighboring town."

"And what is a Rosewood girl doing in a town like Ravenswood?"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You know. Ravenswood is not exactly a town that attracts tourists. It's an old town. It just makes me wonder why you're here."

"It's a long story. To cut it short, I was with someone. It was our first time to meet and he said that he knows this really cool place outside Rosewood. At first, he was okay, but on our drive, he started acting all weird and touchy. It scared me, so I told him I needed to pee. Then we stopped at this gas station and I just ran away from him. I saw this shop and I decided to hide here."

"Wow! I should be the one asking you if you're okay."

"I'm fine. Just a little shaken up. I'm really sorry for bumping into you."

"Like what I said, it's okay. Don't worry about it. So, what's your plan? Are you just gonna hide here?" Janel asked. She finds this girl so attractive and she's glad she's having this conversation with her. She can't help but stare into those eyes and feel drawn to it.

"I haven't thought about it. He was my ride. My mom's not home. So no one is there to help me."

Hearing that, a brilliant idea hit Janel. She can use this opportunity to get to know this girl. There's no harm in trying.

"I'll help you. I can drive you back to Rosewood. On one condition."

"And what's that?"

"Before I drive you back, you have to go on a date with me."

"What?! Are you being serious?"

"Yes. You were willing to go out with a guy you just met. So why not go out on a date with me? I'm harmless. I just want to get to know you."

"What makes you so sure I'm gonna say yes? You don't even know if I'm into girls."

"Well, even if you're not into girls, you have no choice. No one's gonna help you right?"

Sasha was caught off guard by the brazenness of this girl. However, the girl is right. She has no other choice but to say yes. Her best friend Lucy, can't pick her up since Lucy doesn't have her own car. She doesn't have any cash with her cause she forgot her purse at home. She's left with no other options, and she doesn't want to get stuck here in Ravenswood.

"Okay. Deal."

When the blonde said yes, Janel's heart just got all excited. She didn't expect her little scheme to work, but it did.

"Great! No, take backs. I'm Janel by the way."

"Sasha. Nice to meet you."

"Okay. So before we head out, I need to pick out a nice top. Do you want to help me choose?"

"Sure, I'd be glad to."

The afternoon went by smoothly. After the clothes shop, the two girls went to a local diner and ate. Sasha was becoming more and more comfortable with Janel. She finds the girl funny, smart and very natural. Her day is starting to turn around. It started as a nightmare and now it turned into a very memorable day.

"Thanks for the meal. I guess I owe you a lunch date in the future?"

"You're very much welcome. Thank you for saying yes, in the first place. And you don't owe me any lunch, but if you insist on a second date, that would also work."

"Well I'll think about that," Sasha responded with a little laugh.

"Wait. So does that mean, you're into girls too?"

"Yes. I thought you already sensed that?"

"I just thought you were being polite and nice since I offered you no choice."

"To be honest, yeah you're right. It started off like that, but you're funny and sweet and I really enjoy talking to you."

"Wow! Does that mean you would consider going out with me again?"

"I wouldn't jump that far."

"Oh. Okay. That's cool."

"Honestly? I never expected you to ask me out. I didn't think you're into girls."

"A lot of people say that. And I hate it. Do I have to look a certain way or act a certain way to be gay?"

"It's not that. Don't get mad at me. I was just shocked."

"I'm not mad at you. I understand in a way. It's just a little frustrating that sometimes it's hard expressing who I am when people don't even believe it."

"Hey. Just continue being you. Never mind other people," Sasha said as she reached out for the brunette's hand.

"Thanks. You have to stop being like that. I might fall for you."

"You're too funny. C'mon. Where are you taking me next?"

"Ohhh. So you want to spend more time with me? That's sweet."

"Shut up! Let's go!"

Janel took Sasha for a drive around Ravenswood. Even though there's not much to see, Sasha still enjoyed the scenery. They then stopped at a small park where they just talked and talked until it was sundown. The two girls enjoyed each other's company and had really connected. Janel kept her promise and drove Sasha back to Rosewood, even though she wants to extend their time together.

"So this is where I live. You want to come in?"

"Thanks for the offer but I have to head back. I have to be home by 11 PM or my mom would kill me."

"Oh. I'm sorry for all the trouble. I promise I will make it up to you."

"You don't have to. I'm glad we met. And I'm thankful for the time we spent together."

"Me too. I think it's better if we stay as friends. I don't want to ruin any friendship we could build if we started dating and it won't work out. Plus I like hanging out with you."

"Well. You're right. I think I'd rather be your friend."

"Great. So where's your phone?"

"Why?"

"How can we stay in contact if I don't give you my number."

"Yes. You're right."

Sasha saved her number into Janel's phone. They then said their goodbyes and promised to stay in touch and to hang out again.

Janel was so happy to have met Sasha that day. She must admit, it stung a little when Sasha said they should just be friends. She wanted to be more than that, but she'd rather have that friendship than nothing at all.

*******************************************************

As promised, an update by the end of February. Just a little intro and view into the relationship of Sasha and Janel. I Hope you enjoy. I am working on more chapters and will continue to update as soon as I can. If you like the story, leave a comment, a vote or a smile. Thanks again.

Keep safe!

<3