Chapter 9 A Tortured Past

They all went to Sasha's house after eating at The Grille. The girls can't help but worry about their friend. Sasha has not been herself for the rest of the meal. She did not say anything, but they all knew something is wrong. Once in the house, Sasha made her way straight to her room and decided to lock the door. She needed time to be alone, to breathe and to calm her nerves. It took her one year to recover from everything. Her mom does not know what had happened and she wants it to stay that way. Only Lucy and Sandy know about him.

Shay was making her way to Sasha's room when Lucy stopped her.

"Give her time Shay. She needs it," Lucy said as she grabbed Shay's shoulder.

"Why? I don't understand. What happened back there?" Shay asked, her voice filled with worry.

"I don't want it to come from me, but I guess you girls need to know everything."

"Something happened to Sasha when she was 15. She met this guy, Hudson. He was older than us by five years, but that didn't matter. They were in love back then. Sasha was living alone most of the time since her parents got divorced when she was 14. She was having a rough time when her dad stopped contacting them, a year after he left. This was when Sasha met him. We were at The Grille, hanging out and he was serving us our food. He seemed so nice back then and he immediately got Sasha's attention. They dated for a few months, then he got her pregnant. Her mom doesn't know, not even until now. When Sasha found out during spring break, she wanted to keep the baby. Hudson, on the other hand, does not want anything to do with the kid. He forced Sasha to have an abortion. Sasha tried to break it off with him, but he started becoming possessive and abusive. He would hit Sasha and there were nights when Sasha would call me and she was beyond scared. I would rush to their house and I would see her, balled up in bed with bruises all over her body. Sandy and I were the only ones there for her. A few weeks have passed and we haven't heard from Hudson, Sasha was so happy because she thought she can keep her child. Until one day, he took her. Sasha and Sandy were going to the doctor when he attacked them. He took Sasha with him and the next thing Sasha knew, she was at the hospital and she lost her child. It took her a year to fully recover. Hudson suddenly disappeared and Sasha felt relieved. Sasha has become the tough girl that she was, partly because of him."

All the girls were out of words. They never realized that something like that had happened to their friend. Shay slumped on the sofa with tears in her eyes.

"Why didn't she tell her mom? Why didn't she report him to the police?" Shay said.

"She doesn't want pity. She doesn't want to be the talk of the town and most of all she doesn't want to disappoint her mom. Partly also because she blamed herself. She blamed herself for falling for him and for letting him take her," Lucy said in reply.

Shay knows she loves Sasha with all her heart, after hearing her story, it made her fall in love with the blonde even more. The girls decided to sleep over and wait for Sasha to get out of her room. It has been an hour now and she hasn't come out yet.

"Maybe I should go check on her," Shay said as she slowly stood from the sofa.

Shay made her way upstairs to Sasha's room. She can't explain her feelings, every step she makes feels like a huge weight. She feels her heart rumbling and beating fast as if telling her something is wrong. As she opened the door using the spare key, she couldn't help but held her breath.

"Oh no! Sasha!!!" Shay screamed.