Chapter 23 Yacht My World

Sailing through calm and blue waters is such a relaxing feeling. The girls are having so much fun and enjoying good company. Their trip allowed them to form new friendships and possibly new relationships as well. From the corner of her eye, Shay can see Cece looking at her direction. She's hanging out with Archer and Dylan, but clearly, her gaze is somewhere else. Shay is trying her best to ignore the other blonde, but it seems that Cece is throwing subtle hints that she wants to talk. Shay is unsure of what to do. This is not the right time nor the place, and she's not even sure what to say or what they should talk about. 

The girls are with their dates just talking and sharing experiences. Shay is clearly not paying attention to the conversation as she did not notice that the group is talking about Cece.

"What do you think about her babe," Sasha asked her suddenly.

"Think about who?" Shay responded as she noticed everyone's staring at her.

"Oh someone's not listening. You okay Mitchell?" Ashley asked teasingly.

"Yeah. I'm okay. I was just thinking about some stuff. And why wouldn't I be okay?" Shay answered a little too defensive.

"Easy, easy... I'm just playing," Ashley responded, but as she said this, she remembered what she'd seen earlier and decided to talk to her best friend about this, like at that very moment.

"Can I borrow your girlfriend for a bit Sash? I just need to consult something," Ashley added, as she quickly grabbed Shay's hand and lead her away from the group before Sasha can protest.

"What's going on?" Ashley asked, concern evident on her face.

"What? Nothing. What made you think something's wrong?"

"Oh please, Shay. We've been friends since forever, I know. And don't think I can't see how you act around Cece. Are you into her or something? Cause if you are, I swear....." Ashley rumbled.

"I'm not! Will you please stop talking?"

"Talk to me. Tell me what's happening."

"Okay, okay. But please Ash, keep this between us. I don't know what I'll do if Sasha finds out."

"OMG! You're into Cece? Damn it, Shay!"

"No! Will you let me finish?"

"Oh, okay. Sorry."

"Remember that night, I broke it off with Sasha?"

"Yes, the most stupid thing you've ever done."

Shay gave Ashley a look, which immediately silenced her.

"As I was saying, that night at the bar, I got drunk and... next thing I knew I was in a hotel room, with this girl."

Hearing this, Ashley began to put things together and realized, that Cece was the girl they saw driving away with Shay that night. She was silent for a good minute and couldn't think about what to say.

"Now is the time to open your mouth and say something," Shay said, in desperation.

Ashley just stared at her and no words came out of her mouth. Shay looked at Ashley, she can see the worry and confusion that's written all over her best friend's face. She knows her situation is such a mess and right now, she could really use the help of her friend.

"So, when you introduced her to us at the wedding, you already knew it was her?" Ashley finally asked.

"Yes, she told me she knows I'm back with Sasha and that we should just forget about what happened and maybe be friends," Shay responded.