Chapter 34 Another Wedding

"Babe? Are you almost here? I have been waiting for almost an hour," Shay said to the blonde on the other end of the line.

"Yes. Yes. I'm almost there. I'm just looking for a parking spot."

"Hurry! I'm starving, and we'll be late for the fitting. Troian and Lucy are already there."

"How about Ashley?"

"She's on her way too. Please, hurry."

"I'm here," the blonde said as she put down her phone and kissed her girlfriend on the lips.

"Finally. I thought you were still looking for a spot?"

"I lied, I'm already walking towards you when you called."

"That's really sweet. But, what took you so long?"

"I'm so sorry. I was caught up in a conference call. There was a problem with the plans of the mall that we're putting up."

"You're forgiven. What's important is you're here," Shay said looking at the blonde as she sat beside her.

"Can I ask you something?" The blonde asked as she sat down.

"Are you worried about seeing her again?"

"No. I told you. We're okay. I'm just excited to see everyone. It's been 4 years since we last saw each other. Everyone's been busy. And what happened between me and Sasha, that's a long time ago. It's been 7 years."

"Good. Cause I don't want to worry about my fiancé and her ex seeing each other. Plus I really like Sasha, I'm happy she's forgiven me about what happened all those years ago and that we became friends."

"Ce? You don't have to worry. We're engaged. We're getting married in six months and nothing will change that," Shay said to her now fiancé. Yes, she and Cece became a couple and have been together for 5 years. It didn't come as a shock since it was pretty obvious that Cece was into Shay at that time. It was just a matter of time for the brunette to fall for the other blonde. 

Shay is happy about where she is right now. She knows, that this is where she's supposed to be, right beside this blonde who helped her love again.

She thought about the girls. They have stayed in contact but really, they haven't seen each other for a long time. They've kept in touch through their social media, posting updates once in a while, but that's it. If Shay was to be honest, she misses her friends so much. She didn't realize that so much time has passed them by. She can't believe that they're all grown up. She now owns a small dance studio in New York. Her plan of being a swim coach changed when she and Sasha broke up. She decided to pursue her other passion and that is dancing. Lucy is now a hot-shot photographer, taking photos for top clients, like Hollywood stars and Victoria's Secret models. Troian is a top lawyer in Washington and is the legal head of her mom's senate team. Ashley is an up and coming fashion designer whose work is starting to get noticed by the public eye. Of course, there's Sasha. She hasn't heard much from the girl, and she thinks it's the same for the others as well. It has been 4 years since they last saw each other, that time Sasha was taking up English and Literature at BHU. She wonders how she's been. She must admit, Sasha still holds a special place in her heart, but she loves Cece and she wouldn't do anything to hurt her fiancé.

"Babe? Babe? Are you okay? You're not listening," Cece said to her fiancé.

"Sorry. I was just thinking about the girls. It's been a long time. I'm glad Lucy decided to get married here in Rosewood and invited us all. If not for her, we would wait for six more months before we'd see each other again."

"You miss them?"

"I'd be lying if I say I don't. Coming home, brings back so many memories."

"I'm sure they miss you too and this mini-reunion will allow you to catch up with each other."

"Yeah. You're right. Enough of this drama, let's order our food I'm starving," Shay said.

"You're always hungry," Cece said teasingly.

"That's not true."

"I'm just kidding babe."

"I know. So, what are you having?"

"Whatever you're having."

Shay likes this about Cece, her simple gestures of sweetness, her smile, her silly jokes. When Sasha and her broke up, she didn't think she'll love again. She promised herself, that she will be better so that when Sasha comes back, there will be no more breakups. Fate was not on her side though, Sasha moved to Oregon and she stayed in New York. Even though they said they will stay friends, she felt that the distance has pulled them apart. Eventually, she moved on, focused on dancing and she heard that Sasha is doing fine herself in BHU. That's that for them she thought. Truth is, Sasha never left her mind, never left her heart even. She's happy with Cece, she loves the girl so much too, but Sasha is like her twin flame. No matter how you try to kill it, the love is still burning.

Shay was brought back to reality when their order arrived. She needs to focus on Cece she thought, Sasha is her past, Cece is her future.

After eating, Shay and Cece immediately drove to their destination. 15 minutes later they finally arrived at the Radley hotel and are heading for the top suite. Lucy rented a room where the girls can stay for the fitting and the rest of the wedding week. As Shay and her fiancé enter the room they were greeted by smiles from Troian, Lucy, and Ashley who are already checking out the dresses.

"OMG!!! You're here!" Lucy screamed and rushed to hug the couple. The other girls followed and they all exchanged warm hugs.

"I missed you girls so much," Shay said.

"Us too," the three girls said in unison.

"Cece! I'm so happy you can come," Lucy said to the blonde.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss your wedding Luce. Congratulations!" Cece said in reply.

"Looks like we're all here, except for Sasha," Troian said.

"Has anyone heard from her? Is she even coming to the wedding?" Ashley asked.

"She told me a week ago that she's gonna be here. So maybe she's just running late," Lucy said.

"Have you been in contact with her Luce?" Troian asked.

"Actually, she just messaged me about 6 months ago. Before that, I haven't heard from her. How about you guys?" Lucy looked at the other girls.

"I haven't heard from her, not since 4 years ago," Shay said.

"Same here," Troian and Ashley said in unison.

"I'm sure she's fine, guys. We're here for Lucy's wedding and knowing your friend, she wouldn't miss it," Cece said to the girls.

"I hope you're right babe," Shay said, as she leans in and kisses Cece on the cheek.

"So, how are the wedding preparations coming?" Ashley asked changing the topic.

"Are you asking us? Or Lucy?" Shay said laughing.

"Obviously, the two of you. Lucy is walking down the aisle this Saturday. So, I think we need more details about your wedding," Ashley said.

"Well, it's going pretty well. The planner that we hired is amazing. We don't have any problems so far. Unless this girl right here backs out," Cece said, gently pushing Shay.

"Hey. You're not funny," Shay said pretending to be annoyed. As she said this, they heard the door opening and a young girl with auburn hair came running into the room.

"Hey, sweetie. Are you lost? Where's your mom? Your dad?" Shay asked, as the girls looked confused and are staring at the cute little girl.

"Mama," the little girl said.

"Yes. Where's your mama sweetie?" Ashley asked this time. They are all now gathered in a circle surrounding the adorable child.

"Rosie? Rosie? Are you here?" The girls heard a very familiar voice entering the room.

"Mama! Mama!" The little girl screamed and ran towards her mom, all the girls looked shocked, they all looked at the woman standing in front of them...

"Sasha?"