Chapter 39 Wedding Vows and Proposals (Part 2)

Where are you? We're heading to the reception now.

I'm already here. Just making some last-minute checks.

Are you ready?

No. My nerves are killing me. I don't think I can do this in front of a lot of people, but I have to.

Should I tell the others?

I think we'll do fine.

Are you sure?

Yeah. Just make sure you rehearsed what you will say.

I got that covered, don't worry.

Good. So remember, it will happen after the video.

Okay. Good luck.

Thanks.

Sasha found herself staring at her food for quite some time now. She'd be lying if she'd say she's okay. Her mind has been wandering off, Janel has not messaged her since before the wedding started. She's starting to get worried. She was brought back from her thoughts by her daughter who's a little bored at the wedding.

"Mama? Can we play?"

"Not here baby. This is aunt Lucy's party, it's not a place for playing."

"Okay. Mama, why are you not eating, are you sad? Cause you don't eat when you're sad."

"Mama's okay. Don't worry about mama," Sasha said as she touched her daughter's face.

Rosie just nodded her head and sat silently on her chair, looking at the adults around her. Sasha decided to not bother eating anymore, she's too worried about Janel. She was about to call the brunette when she heard Shay speaking over the microphone.

"Good evening everyone. As many of you may know, I'm Shay, one of Lucy's closest friends. I just want to say congratulations to Lucy and Ian. We are very happy for you guys. You deserve all the happiness in the world. As a little gift, we would want to share a video that we have prepared. Lucy and Ian, this one is for you. And everyone please stay on your seats and don't blink, this is going to be quite a show."

The people in the venue looked puzzled by Shay's words, but they just put those aside and eagerly waited for the presentation to start. As the video played on, everyone watched with tears gleaming in their eyes. Lucy and Ian truly deserve happiness together. When the clip ended, everyone cheered on the couple demanding for them to share a kiss, it was truly a sweet moment. Sasha smiled at the scene in front of her, she is really happy for her best friend. She was about to stand and head for the ladies when she heard a familiar tune playing on the piano. It was one of her favorite songs. She looked around, thinking why would her song for Janel be playing in the background. She stood up, her instinct telling her that probably her girlfriend is in the room. As she stood in her place, scanning the crowd, she heard a familiar voice singing...

Let the bough break, let it come down crashing

Let the sun fade out to a dark sky

I can't say I'd even notice it was absent

'Cause I could live by the light in your eyes

I'll unfold before you

Would have strung together

The very first words of a lifelong love letter