Chapter 31 Time Apart

Three days have passed since Sasha found out the truth about Cece. She has not contacted Shay nor any of the girls yet. She's been thinking about the whole situation. She can forgive Shay and give her another chance, but she's not so sure if she can fully trust her again. Then there's Cece, the girl seemed so genuine and kind, but with what happened, Sasha doesn't know how to feel towards her anymore. She wanted to call Archer and tell him about it, but she knows he and Dylan are still on honeymoon and she doesn't want to ruin the newlyweds' moment.

Sasha's just glad that Janel is very supportive of her. Her friend has been there, constantly reminding her that whatever she decides to do, she has to do it for herself. She must admit, she's forgotten how to be independent. She got so used to Shay being there for her, both of them making decisions for their future. She got so caught up with the idea of Shay and her, that she has forgotten she also needs to think about herself. Like the decision to go to Hollis and stay in Rosewood for college. Before being in a relationship with Shay, she had planned on studying at Beacon Heights University, one of the top schools in America. That changed when she and Shay got together. Now, she has to rethink her decision. Maybe she should proceed with her original plan, head to BHU and focus on getting her degree. Sasha has still not made up her mind, but there's one thing she's sure of, and that is she needs to talk to Shay. She was brought back to reality by Janel walking into the apartment.

"Look who's awake."

"Hey. Where have you been? I woke up and you were gone."

"Why? Did you miss me?"

"You wished."

"Ouch. And here I am thinking that you missed me. Well, anyway to answer your question, I went out to buy some groceries."

"You should have woken me up. I should have gone with you."

"It's okay. I didn't buy much anyway, just some basic stuff and food for the week. Plus, you were sleeping like a baby, I didn't have the heart to wake you."

"Not much? You're carrying like 3 bags of groceries, that's not much?"

"Oh well. I couldn't help it, and I got you something."

"Why? You don't have to get me anything. You've done so much already. You're feeding me and letting me stay here."

"Because I want to? I know this will cheer you up. And don't you worry, I will be charging you rent and expenses," Janel said laughing as she handed a small bag to Sasha.

Sasha's face lit up as she saw what's inside the bag. Janel knows her well, she couldn't ask for a better friend.

"You got me my favorite chocolates."

"Yes, I did. You've been sulking the past three days and I knew I had to do something. I remembered that time when you ate all my chocolates. I've been saving those for myself, but you finished them in one go."

"Excuse me? I did not. I brought some home."

"Oh. So you didn't just eat my chocolates, but you stole them too."

"Well, yeah. What can I do? I can't help it. I'm mad about white chocolates."

"I can clearly see that."

"Well, thanks for the chocolates. I'm gonna keep them away from you."

"What? Are you serious? That's okay anyway. I got them for you. You can do whatever you want with those."

"That was a joke. I'll share these with you."

"Really now?"

Both girls laughed at that remark.