Chapter 29 On Friendships and Vodka

After making sure that Sasha is going to be okay, Troian and Lucy left Janel's apartment. They have promised Sasha that they won't tell Shay where she is. They know it's going to be hard to keep this from their other friend, but they respect Sasha's wishes. As they made their way down to the 8th floor, Lucy got a text from her best friend.

"Thank you. Take care of Shay." After reading the text Lucy smiled, she knows that Sasha loves Shay very much and that this fight they had will soon end. There's hope that the two will get back together, maybe not that soon, but they will. She showed the text to Troian and the taller brunette smiled as well. They made their way back to their floor, it's now almost 4 o'clock and both girls are starving. They haven't eaten anything yet and they know the other girls are probably feeling the same.

"We should order something to eat when we get back," Troian said.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm starving I feel like my small intestine is being eaten by my large intestine," Lucy said in reply.

Troian gave a little smile. They both felt relieved that Sasha is with someone she trusts, though they only met Janel today, they know Sasha is going to be okay. As they entered the room, they saw Ashley sitting alone on the couch.

"Where's Shay?" Troian immediately asked as both girls sat beside Ashley.

"She's sleeping. I think she's too exhausted from crying," Ashley replied.

"That's good. We talked about ordering some food, we're starved," Lucy said.

"Sounds like a good idea," Ashley said offering a small smile.

"Are you okay?" Troian asked, noticing that their friend is a little uneasy.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to keep Shay's secret. I was forcing her to tell Sasha, I don't know why things got out of hand," Ashley rambled on.

She feels bad about the whole situation. She thinks that she's partly to be blamed. If only she had the courage to tell the other girls, if only she didn't say yes to Shay and kept her secret. Maybe things ended up differently.

"Hey. You were only being a friend. You were right when you said it wasn't your place to tell us. Shay should have told us, Shay should have told Sasha, not you," Troian answered.

"Yeah. Troi's right. Don't be hard on yourself. They'll be okay," Lucy added.

"Thank you. I thought you guys hate me," Ashley said.

"We don't hate you. We understand why you did it. Sasha understands it too," Lucy added.

"You found her and you talked to her?" Ashley asked, feeling relieved that the girls have talked to Sasha.

"Yeah we did," Lucy answered.

"How is she? Is she okay? That's a stupid question. Where is she?" Ashley rambled on.

"She's as what you expect her to be. But she doesn't want Shay to know where she is. I hope you understand that. We can't tell Shay. So if we tell you, you have to promise you won't say a word," Troian said.

"I promise. I have to make up for what I did. This is the least I could do," Ashley responded.

"She's staying with Janel. She told us she wants some time to herself. She didn't even tell us what happened between her and Shay. She's not yet ready," Lucy said.

"Oh. Do you think they'll ever be okay?" Ashley asked.

"I think they will. Sasha loves Shay so much and we know Shay feels the same way. It may take some time, but I know they will get back together. Sasha even wants us to take care of Shay," Troian answered.