Chapter 13 Road Trip - Day One

"Admit it, we're lost," Ashley said.

"I told you, to make a turn on the highway," Troian chimed in.

"Where are we?" Lucy asked.

Everyone was talking at the same time and Shay couldn't concentrate on her driving. She would have to admit, she's a little lost. She feels that she made a wrong turn when they were driving through the interstate, but she is just too stubborn to say it out loud.

"Ladies, relax. We will get there. We will figure this out," Sasha said trying to calm her friends down. The girls started their journey and are headed to New Jersey. They have planned a long road trip which involves traveling through the States until they reach New York. The first plan was to travel to Hawaii, but the girls decided that a road trip will make them closer 

"Babe, can you look on the map again?" Shay asked Sasha.

"Why are we even using a map, we have our phones. Just use Waze," Ashley said clearly frustrated.

"We can't use Waze because we've lost cell service, Ash," Sasha said.

"Maybe we should pull over at a gas station and ask for directions," Troian suggested.

"Yes, and I could really use the restroom," Lucy said.

Shay sat silently at the driver's seat, thinking on what to do next. They could ask for directions, but they have not seen any gas stations yet. The group has decided to pull over and come up with a plan. They can't wander aimlessly because they might lose gas before they can refill the tank.

"Okay, so we were here 30 minutes ago and we're supposed to be going in that direction..." Troian started, as the five girls look on the map Sasha is holding.

"So we have to head back and turn here," that is about right, I think, Sasha said. As the girls were busy looking on the map and trying to figure out how to get back on track, a black sedan stops beside their car.

"Are you ladies, okay?" asked a brunette guy, with long hair and hazel eyes.

"We got a little lost, and trying to find our way," Ashley smiled at him, clearly smitten by his looks.

"Maybe we can help?" the cute guy said. Their car moved slowly and parked in front.

The car doors open and two good looking guys came walking towards the ladies. The girls showed their map and all seven of them are now looking at the piece of paper.

"We are here at the moment, so you need to... " the taller brunette guy started saying while looking at Troian, smiling at her.

"Got it! Thank you so much for your help, I'm Shay by the way," Shay said extending her hand to the taller guy.

"My name is Keegan and this is my best bud Tyler," he said.

"And I'm Sasha, these are Lucy, Troian, and Ashley," Sasha said as she introduced herself and the rest of the girls.

After a few pleasantries, they all said their thanks and started to head out.

"It was nice meeting you ladies. Hope to bump into you again," Tyler said smiling, particularly towards Ashley.

The black sedan sped away and the girls are back in their car giggling inside.

"That Tyler guy clearly wants to bump into you, Ash," Sasha said smiling.

"Did you see Keegan eyeing our friend Troi here? I'm sure he'd love to bump into you too," Shay added while giggling.

"Shut up!" Troian and Ashley said together, as everyone burst out laughing.

After a few more hours, the girls have finally made it to the hotel and were dead tired when they got into their room.

"I could really use a hot bath, but I can't move my body," Lucy said.

"I want to sleep, my eyes are killing me," Shay said as she laid her head on top of Sasha's shoulder.

"We all should rest and grab dinner later. That drive was very tiring," Troian said.

All the girls slumped onto their beds and laid quietly. Sasha and Shay are sharing the smaller bed, while the three girls are sharing the king-sized bed, as they laid on the bed, they all slowly drifted off to sleep.

******After 3 hours********

Sasha slowly opened her eyes, as she heard her phone ring. She does not want to move, but the ringing won't stop. As she got her phone out of her bag, she looked at the name flashing on her screen, it was her mom.

"Hi, mom. We were sleeping because we were all tired from the drive," Sasha sleepily said.

"I'm so sorry to wake you up hon. I was just checking if you made it safely to the hotel. Shay's mom called me, asking me if I heard from you ladies. She was trying to reach Shay, but she is not picking up."

"Sorry, mom. Don't worry, we're okay. I will tell Shay to call her mom. All the girls are still sleeping."

"I will let you rest then. Have fun on your vacation. Love you."

"Thanks, mom, love you too."

After talking to her mom on the phone, Sasha couldn't sleep anymore, so she decided to order food from the hotel's restaurant. She does not want to wake the other girls so she moved silently around the room. After ordering their dinner, Sasha sat by their bed and looked at her girlfriend, sleeping like an angel. She feels so lucky to have someone like Shay. She feels that she can do anything and everything as long as she has the brunette by her side.

"You're staring at me," Shay softly uttered as she stirred on the bed.

"How could you possibly know, that? You're asleep."

"I can feel you, I can feel your eyes."

Sasha smiled at her girlfriend and gently placed a soft kiss on Shay's lips.

"Get your own room." The three girls said in unison, which made Sasha and Shay giggle on their bed.

"I ordered food, for us. It will be delivered in the next hour," Sasha said, as all the girls started to get up.

While waiting for their food the girls started talking about Keegan and Tyler, making jokes about the possibility of Troian and Ashley ending up with those two. It was such an eventful first day for their road trip. They got lost, met two cute guys and now they are just relaxing and talking non - stop. Their day is about to end, but their journey is just about to begin.