Chapter 25 Hellos and Goodbyes

The rest of the afternoon went by smoothly. They were supposed to head back by 4 PM but they decided to extend a bit. They have spent most of the time drinking wine, eating food and listening to good old music. Everyone seemed happy and relaxed, all the other things forgotten. When it was time to head back, everyone was in high spirits. New friendships were made and old ones remained stronger. The journey back was quicker than they anticipated. Next thing they knew, it's 7 o'clock and they're back at the marina saying their goodbyes.

Cece was looking at Shay as she held Sasha by the waist. She wants to forget about this brunette and everything that had happened between them. She desperately needs to forget, cause if she won't it could drive her insane. Her gaze was caught by Shay as she turned her head, Shay smiled at her. A simple heartwarming smile. She couldn't help but smile back. Those smiles are melting her heart and she is having a hard time controlling her heart and how she's feeling.

"Hey, bessy! I'm going to miss you!!!!!" Archer said to her hugging her tight. Cece was brought back from her thoughts by this gesture.

"Ohhhhh. I'll miss you too and Dylan," she said in reply, returning the hug.

"Sasha and her gang are heading for New York too. You might want to hang out with them. Dylan and I don't want you traveling alone."

"I'm fine. I'm used to traveling alone, you don't have to worry about me. Just enjoy your honeymoon."

"I'll tell boo to check on you once they're in New York. If you don't want to travel with them, at least hang out with them once you're there."

"I won't make any promises. You know I'll be busy when I get there, but I'll try."

"That sounds good to me. Promise me you'll try?"

"If you'll stop bugging me about it, then yes."

"Yess! I'm sure you'll have fun with them. Sasha and I have been friends since we were kids, I'm confident you're in good hands."

Her girlfriend has good hands, Cece thought and as she did, she mentally slapped herself for thinking such things. She has to move on and forget. Spending time with these girls will not help her. As she was about to respond to Archer, Sasha and her group were already walking towards them smiling from ear to ear.

"Boo! Cece is heading for New York too, I made her promise to hang out with you ladies. Please please say yes. Dylan and I worry about her."

"Sure thing boo! You don't have to beg. The girls and I would love to spend time with her," Sasha said in reply.

Shay stood there expressionless as she watches this exchange between her girlfriend and Archer. She turned her head towards Ashley who looked as shocked as her. This can't be good. This trip was supposed to be the last encounter she will have with the other blonde but now, they'd probably be spending time together in New York.

"How long are you going to be in New York?" Troian asked.

"I'm not sure, actually. It depends on the business that I'll be handling there," Cece answered.

"Are you going to look after one of your hotels there, bessy?"Archer added.

"Yeah, probably. You girls should stay there. I'm sure you'll love it," Cece said, addressing the girls. Why did she say that? Damn it, Cece, you're going to be in more shit. Cece scolded herself again.

"Nah. Your rates are too expensive for our budget. Plus, we already have a place to stay," Ashley said smiling. They can't stay at Cece's hotel. She needs to bring as much distance between Shay and Cece.