Chapter 21 The Invitation

The girls had a blast last night, Troian and Ashley exchanged numbers with Keegan and Tyler, and promised to stay in touch. Lucy and Ian spent quality time together at Ian's room and Sasha and Shay spent most of the night kissing and cuddling.

It's 9 AM and the girls are all still in bed, the effects of their partying still very evident. Lucy got back in their room at around 4 AM and it is very clear that she pretty much enjoyed her night. Today is their last day in New Jersey and yesterday they decided to spend their last day in their room chilling and just recharge themselves.

"Thunder...thunder..." For the nth time, Sasha's alarm is going off to the sound of Imagine Dragon's Thunder, and for the nth time, she has been ignoring it.

"Will you turn that off, please? Or throw it outside the window. I have been hearing thunder inside my head for the past hour now," Ashley said, mumbling.

Sasha sleepily sat up and reached for her phone. She was about to put it to silent mode when it suddenly rang. Unconsciously, she answered it in the first couple of rings.

"Boo!!!!!" Archer screamed on the other end of the phone, clearly excited about something, but his shrieking voice is not helping Sasha nor her sleepiness.

"Boo? It's so early in the morning. Please don't shatter my brain to pieces with your voice." Sasha sleepily replied.

"Ohhhhh? Is that the way to treat your best gay friend? Ouch... I am deeply hurt. And here I am, about to invite you and your friends, to our yacht for some sailing," Archer responded teasingly.

"Wait? What? You have a yacht?"

"Well, yes. In fact, I do. It's a wedding gift from Cece's dad. They are loaded and Cece and Dylan are pretty tight. So we now have a yacht!!"

"We'd love to join you boo! What time do we leave? This is so awesome! We were planning on staying in but your invitation is so tempting."

"Well, we leave the hotel at 12 and head straight to the marina. Then we go back at around 5 PM so you girls still have plenty of time to rest before you start your drive."

"Sounds great! I'll wake the other girls," Sasha shrieked excitedly.

"No need, we're awake. We can hear your conversation in our sleep," Troian said as she slowly got out of bed.

"Yes. From thunder to ahhhhh whaaaaat.. those words took over my sleep!" Ashley complained. The girls were staring at Sasha, clearly woken up by her screams and she got the idea.

"Well, see you at the lobby then boo! It's gonna be me, Dylan, Cece, Keegan, Tyler, and you girls!" Archer said as he ended the call.

As Sasha ended the call, she felt Shay's protective arms wrap around her waist. 

"What was all that babe? Are we going somewhere?" Shay said sleepily. Sasha looked at Shay and was immediately mesmerized by how beautiful the brunette is. She gently placed a chaste kiss on Shay's lips and muttered: 

"Yes, Archer is taking us on their yacht for some sailing."

"Really? Wow. That sounds fun and exciting," Shay said.

Lucy has finally steered from the bed and caught up on what's happening. "Did you say sailing?" Lucy asked.

"Yes! And guess what? Keegan and Tyler will join us," Sasha said looking directly towards Ashley and Troian.

"Well, you had me at the yacht," Ashley said bringing everyone to laughter.

"What time do we leave?" Troian asked.

"We will meet up with them at the lobby by 12. So we better start getting ready so we can have lunch by 11," Sasha responded.

"Do you think we can bring Ian?" Lucy asked.

"I'll text Archer, I'm sure they wouldn't be mind. Cece is also there, so we are quite a bunch," Sasha said.

Hearing Cece's name being mentioned made Shay feel uneasy. This is too much of a coincidence, too many unwanted encounters. Why is this happening? She kept on asking herself. She can't back out now, plus it will raise alarms to all the girls if she suddenly doesn't want to join them. She just has to act cool and normal, as Cece said last night, forget about everything. The thing is, how can she ignore the girl she had sex with? Every time she thinks of Cece and that night, she feels guilty for not being honest with Sasha about it. She needs to do something, she needs to tell Sasha, but how will she? She can't ruin what they have just built back. A lot of things are running through her mind when she heard Sasha calling her.

"Babe? Babe?" Sasha said as she snapped her fingers.

"Ohh yes, babe?"

"Are you feeling okay babe?" Sasha asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry, still in dreamland I supposed," Shay said trying to hide her uneasiness.

"Well, you better move your ass Mitchell, or we'll miss that yacht!" Ashley said out of nowhere as she excitedly jumped out of bed. With that the other girls started to move and get ready for their day, leaving Shay feeling unsure about this trip and thinking if this is a good idea.