Chapter 30 Kissing A Friend

Sasha feels like she had too much vodka, but she doesn't care. She just wants to feel free from the pain, free from the heartache, free from thinking about Shay. She loves Shay so much and it pains her to be away from her, but she knows she needs to do this, for herself and Shay.

"Sash, you've already had enough. Let me clean this mess. You can go to my room and freshen up. I'll make us coffee to avoid getting a massive hangover tomorrow."

"Let me help you."

"No need, babe. It's okay. I can manage. Just go to my room and I'll take care of everything here."

"Thanks, Jan. You are always there for me, always saving me. Since the day we met, until now. You must really love me."

"I think that's the vodka talking. Of course, I love you. You're my friend. I will always be there for you."

Sasha smiled, as she slowly stood up and moved closer to Janel. Her face, inches away from the brunette's and she can sense that the other girl is tensing up. She can hear the brunette's breathing getting a little deep and her heartbeat sounding like a drum, thumping hard. Without hesitation, she cupped Janel's face and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. It was just a peck, the kind of kiss that you would get from a close friend, a close gay friend. For Sasha, this is the best way she can show her gratitude towards the other girl, plus the vodka in her system is making her do things she can't control. Before she does something she would regret, she slowly pulled away and looked into Janel's eyes.

"Thank you, Jan, for everything. I just want you to know I am grateful."

Janel was a little shocked by what Sasha did. She didn't expect that kiss from Sasha. She knows it's just a friendly peck, nothing more than that. Still, that kiss gave her butterflies she thought had died a long time ago, but now they seem to have fluttered back into her stomach.

"Uhm. I think you've said thank you more than enough. You better go and freshen up, so I can follow after you, then we'll have that coffee."

Sasha just smiled and nodded as she heads towards Janel's room.

It took Sasha about 30 minutes to finish then Janel immediately followed after her. Once they've both had freshened up, they settled in the living room, with two black coffees in hand.

"Will this really help with the hangover?"

"Yeah. A cup of black coffee will do the trick. You won't feel a thing tomorrow."

"You better be right."

"Of course, I am."

"I feel my head is already pounding. We didn't even drink that much."

"Speak for yourself. You almost finished the half bottle."

"I did not. You're lying. Or maybe, you did that on purpose. You were giving me more."

"Why would I even do that? What will come out of it if I get you drunk?"

"I'm just kidding. You're too serious. Well anyway, thank you for all these. You made me feel better."

"Enough with the thank yous. If I hear another thank you from you, I'm gonna charge you."

"Oh yeah? Charge me with what?"

"One thank you equals to one kiss," Janel dared.

Sasha was rendered speechless for a moment. She knows Janel likes her a lot, even though they agreed to stay as friends, the brunette takes every opportunity to flirt or get it on with her.