Chapter 2 First Meeting

Two weeks since they were assigned as partners, Sasha and Shay still haven't spoke to each other. Though they have time since they have the whole semester, Shay does not want to cram and do things last minute. She decided to talk to Sasha and set things straight.

"Sasha, we have to set up a schedule for us to meet. We need to make an outline and time table if we want to finish this paper on time," Shay said as she was facing Sasha by the door of their classroom.

"I told you. I'm busy. Just finish the paper and I will pay for it," Sasha said, sounding irritated.

"And I told you. That will not work. Or do you want me to tell our teacher you're not being cooperative," Shay responded.

"You wouldn't do that," Sasha said, a little unsure about her words.

"Yes, I will. Watch me," Shay said and began to walk away. Sasha doesn't want any trouble from her teacher and from the looks of it Shay is serious.

"Okay. Okay! I'm free this Saturday afternoon. Let's meet at my house," Sasha finally said.

"Okay. 1 PM. I'll be there," Shay said and walked towards the cafeteria.

Sasha stood there for a while and looked at Shay as she glided her way to the cafeteria, wondering why this girl seems to be getting on her nerves in a good way.

Saturday came and Shay was a little nervous. She doesn't know why, but she is. She looked at herself in the mirror making sure she looks her best. "Why do I have to look pretty? I am just meeting Sasha," she said to herself. Only her best friends know this, but Shay has always had a crush on Sasha. Since they were in 5th grade, beginning that day when Sasha walked in the room as the new girl in class. From that moment on, Shay knew Sasha is special. She shrugged off her thoughts and brought herself back to reality. Sasha is Sasha and what she feels for the other girl must not get in the way of things. Clearing her head Shay hurried up and made her way to their door.

A few minutes later she found herself knocking on the front door of Sasha's house. It took about one minute before Sasha opened the door, she was in her robe drying her hair.

"Sorry about that. I was in the shower," Sasha said. Shay didn't mind waiting and she didn't mind seeing Sasha in her robe either.

"It's okay. It's no bother," Shay replied. Sasha motioned for her to come in and showed her to their living room.

"I'll be back. Don't get too comfortable," Sasha said and winked at her. Shay sat on the sofa and looked around the house. She saw a picture of Sasha by the bookshelf and can't help but smile. "She was cute when she was little," Shay whispered to herself.

After a few minutes of waiting, Sasha came down the stairs and sat beside her on the sofa. She was wearing short shorts and an off-shoulder pink blouse. Shay couldn't help but look at the hint of glow on the girl's exposed skin.

Sasha was smiling at her, "do you like what you see?" she asked. Shay looked away and felt her cheeks turning red.

"So have you thought about what book we're going to write about?" she said, in an attempt to distract herself from looking at the blonde beside her.

"Nope. I thought you already have something on your mind?" Sasha said.

"Well, I have a lot of books that I love, but I wanna know what you're into," Shay responded.

"I'm not a wide reader, but I like a few books. Maybe we can see what common books we have read and choose from that list?" Sasha shared her idea.

"Sounds good to me."

For 10 minutes, the two wrote on separate papers their favorite books. After completing their list, they started checking to see which ones they have in common. Shay's list is about 50 or so, but Sasha is just around 10; so it was not that difficult to choose. After a few minutes of comparing, they have found one common book that they both liked...

"So, you like And There Were None" I never pegged you as someone who's into mystery novels. Shay said to Sasha.

"Well, there's a lot about me that you don't know," Sasha said.

"It's settled then, we will write a paper about this," Shay responded.

"I guess," Sasha simply said.

"How do you want to do this, then? How often can we meet? Maybe every day after class?"

"I can't do that. I have other things I need to do and places I need to be," Sasha said.

"Well, tell me when you're free and then we decide. The sooner we finish this, the better."

"How about we spend all weekend afternoon to finish this. Let's say 1-3 PM?" Sasha suggested.

"That's fine by me. That's settled then. We can start tomorrow. I'll be here at the same time," Shay said.

"Sounds like a plan."

"You're not at all bad Pieterse. I thought it would be hard working with you," Shay joked.

"Well, think again Mitchell. Tomorrow's just the start," Sasha retorted back.

As Shay got up and leave, she can't help but smile. She thinks that this is the start of something between her and her little girl crush.