Chapter 24 The Cover - Up

"What was that?" Ashley asked Shay as soon as they were alone.

"What was what?" Shay answered defensively.

"You know what I mean. Don't play dumb."

"Please lower your voice. Someone might hear us."

"Oh so now, you're concerned? If I didn't know better, something's going on between the two of you."

"Nothing's going on with us! Will you stop assuming things?"

"Then tell me straight, Shay? What's happening?"

Shay couldn't answer, for she, herself, doesn't understand what's going on with her and Cece. So instead of trying to explain what's happening between them, she decided to tell the part that she knows is true.

"I love Sasha, but Cece kissed me and I've let her." These were the only words that she could think of, the only words that she knows make sense.

"First you had sex with her. And now, you kissed her? Where's your head, Shay?"

Ashley can't help herself from voicing out her frustration. She knows she can't be angry at her friend, but she also knows that she will not tolerate her actions either. She stared at her best friend for a good minute and was about to say something when they heard giggles coming from outside.

"Please let's keep this between us," Shay whispered, just as Sasha came into view outside the entryway, Lucy and Troian, close behind her.

"There you are. I've been wondering what's taking you so long," Sasha said as she approached her girlfriend.

Shay stood there motionless, trying her best to smile at her girlfriend. She felt like total shit right now. How could she do that to Sasha? How could she just stood there and let someone else kiss her? She was shattered when she saw Archer kissed Sasha, and now, she's being stupid and selfish. A lot of thoughts are swimming in her head that she didn't notice Sasha staring at her. Luckily Ashley was quick to notice and came up with a lie for her.

"Shay's just shocked by what I have told her. Give her a few minutes to recover," Ashley said trying to fake a giggle and a laugh.

"Oh do tell, what's the juicy news?" Sasha asked, giggling herself.

"No, no, not yet. If Shay reacted this way, I'm not sure how you guys will react."

"You slut!" Troian chimed in.

"Wow! Thank you for the compliment Troi."

"You have to tell us. You're not being a friend," Lucy added.

"I am actually being a good friend right now, by sparing you the details," Ashley responded looking straight at Shay.

Seeing that look on Ashley's face was a clear reminder for Shay, that she has to snap out of it.

"Yes, Luce. You guys wouldn't want to hear the details. At least not now," Shay finally said letting out a fake laugh.

"Now, I'm more intrigued," Sasha said.

"Maybe it's about sex," Lucy said before she burst out laughing.

"And she told Shay all the details. OMG!" Troian added, making everyone laugh harder.

"Oh, you guys. Stop it. Ashley's blushing," Sasha said.

Shay looked at Ashley and she knows that her friend is taking one for her, and she is grateful.

"Yeah, Sasha's right. Let's leave Ash alone. Let's just go and enjoy the rest of this trip," Shay said hoping to distract the other girls.

Everyone seems to agree and started to head out.

"Wait, I need to use the restroom," Troian said.

"Me too, I almost forgot. That's why we're here in the first place," Lucy added with a little laugh.

As the two girls take their turns, Ashley stood there quietly and felt a little relieved. She didn't mind lying for her best friend. Although she still has questions, tons of them, she won't make any judgments yet. She looked at Shay and Sasha holding hands, they just look good together and Ashley doesn't want them to end up separated because of Shay's idiotic actions. She told herself that she will help her friend fix this mess, no matter what it takes.

"Okay, let's go. We're all done."

Ashley was brought back from her reverie by Troian's voice. She made eye contact with Shay and mouthed "You owe me" before they all head back outside.

Cece was watching the girls as they settle back at the corner of the yacht where some lounges were positioned. She was looking at Sasha and Shay. The two girls are holding hands and they couldn't look any more perfect. She was thinking about the kiss she shared with Shay, it was rushed, quick and unattached. It was basically one-sided. Shay didn't stop her, but she didn't kiss her back either. It was a clear indication that she is being delusional and that she has to stop this craziness and her nonsense. Nothing good will ever come out of this whole mess. Cece was in deep thought when she saw Sasha approaching her. This is going to be awkward and she hates awkward.

"Hi, Cece. Do you want to join us? We're about to splurge on some wine and food, and I think you could use the company," Sasha said.

Cece was staring at Sasha, she's so beautiful and her heart seems so genuine. How could she be so selfish to do such a thing to this sweet girl?

"I hate to intrude, Sasha. I think I'll just stay here," she responded with all the sincerity in her heart.

"Intrude? You're not intruding! You must be crazy. If anyone's intruding, that would be us. Please? Join us. I also want to get to know you, besides, you're Dylan's best friend. I'm Archer's best friend. So, we are best friends by association."

Why is this girl being so persistent? Cece thought. I kissed your girlfriend. I had sex with her! And now, you want us to be friends? You are crazy! Cece wanted to scream these words toward the other blonde, but she couldn't. So instead of saying no, or anything else, Cece just nodded and let Sasha drag her towards the other girls.

Shay watched intently as her ever so loving and beautiful girlfriend invite Cece to join them. She has to act as normal as possible and pretend that she is not affected by what happened a few minutes ago. Thanks to Ashley, Sasha, and the other girls are not at all suspicious; but how long can they cover things up? How long is she going to hide the truth? How long can she keep Cece away? So many questions, but not one answer. All she can do is hope that things will stay calm, at least until she figures out what to do.