- Chapter Two -

Another week had passed. With no new evidence or information other than my name, there wasn't much to go on. The beach is apart of the ocean so who knows where I started and how far I traveled in the water.

With no relatives or friends to take care of me, I was placed in an orphanage. They figured my age was around 12 or 13. I wasn't sure. It sounded right, I guess.

There wasn't a night that would go by where I didn't have a nightmare. And it was always the same one.

An older boy with white hair and I were fighting when my vision was suddenly blinded by flames. When I was knocked down, he tied weights to my wrists and ankles. A boy around my age was in the distance, crying, begging for the older boy to stop. But he didn't.

The dream always ended with me drowning. But instead of being saved, I just died. I'd wake up gasping for air and crying. It got so bad that the girls I shared a room with complained and I was eventually placed in my own room. I guess it's nice having my own room. But the silence and the feeling of being alone made my nightmares worse.

Other than night time, living at the orphanage wasn't so bad until it was time to start school.

The idea of being completely surrounded by people petrified me. And it was because of those dreams that I grew a fear of men. Boys. Whatever.

The staff at the orphanage grew tired of fighting me about going to school, so I began home schooling. This wasn't that bad either. But because of the new isolation, it was hard to make friends. But if I'm being honest, I was okay with that.

A few years had passed since I was found on the beach near death. I discovered I had a quirk. I'm not sure how long I had it before finally realizing I even had one. To be honest I thought I was quirkless. All of the other girls at the orphanage had a quirk and were already fairly comfortable with how to control it. But seeing as I had only just discovered mine, I had a lot of training to do.

Erasure Head heard of my new quirk and decided to come see it for himself. He and the Detective came to see me every now and then. The detective I could understand because it was his job, but for Erasure to make time to visit me was surprising.

Erasure, All Might, and the Detective were the only three men I could tolerate. I felt safe around them. Like no harm could come to me when they were around.

Erasure showed up to the orphanage on a Saturday morning and was directed to the back court yard by a staff member where I sat waiting.

"Hey, kid." He said with a unenthusiatic tone. "Heard you found your quirk."

I got up and ran to him and met with an embrace. Erasure always put on a tough guy act, but after 4 years we became close. I learned his real name was Shota Aizawa, but for some reason Erasure was the name I stuck with calling him.

I pulled away from the hug and smiled up at him. "I did! Want to see!" I said with a giddy smile. He chuckled and waved his hand out.

"Go for it."

I nodded and took a few steps back. I took a deep breath and concentrated on my breathing. It wasn't a very physically demanding quirk, but I didn't want to look like a fool in front of a pro hero.

In one swift motion, I clapped my hands together then quickly pressed them both to the ground. Erasure watched in confused.

The ground started to glow beneath my hands as I pulled them up and away from the ground. As I pulled up,  a staff seemed to be pulled up out of the ground.

When I was satisfied with the length of the weapon, I grabbed it with my left hand and the glowing stopped. In smooth movement, I swung it around my body in the air, then pointed it at Erasure.

Erasure looked at me in astonishment. Or I guess as astonished as Erasure can look. "You can pull weapons from the ground?" He asked.

"Not just weapons. Anything I want! I call it transmutation. I can make anything out of any material as long as they are of equal value. Like this staff. It's made from the from the ground. Like equivalent exchange. And it doesn't have to be the ground either. It can be walls, trees, metal, etc. As long as it's a solid, it'll work!"

He reached for the staff and I handed it to him.  I watched as he studied the weapon intently before he suddenly spun and hit a nearby tree with the weapon as hard as he could. To his surprise, the staff didn't break.

"It's durable." He noted. "Especially for being made from just stone."

I could feel myself getting excited but also nervous.. He liked my quirk!

Now for the hard part.

"Um.. so. Mr. Aizawa.." I said hesitantly. His eyes shot as me in an instant. I have never once called him by his real name before.

He didn't say a word, so I continued. "I want to become a pro hero.." I squinted my eyes and waited for him to laugh in my face.  But when he didn't, I watch him closely.

Erasure wasn't looking at me though.  He was looking at the weapon I had created in his hands. "You want to be a pro hero, huh.." he repeated as he began walking towards me.

And he didn't stop. Even when he got close to me, he just kept walking, forcing me to start walking backwards. "Y-Yes..?" I muttered.

When he finally came to a stop, his eyes shot from the staff to me. Our eyes met and he smirked, sending chills down my spine.

"Then you have a lot of training to do, kid.."