- Chapter Eighteen -

It didn’t take long until they reached Deku's home. He let her inside and was greeted by Inko Midoriya.

"Oh hello, Miss Aizawa! It's nice to see you again!" The woman's warm welcome made the girl feel like nothing could harm her when this woman was nearby.

"Hello Mrs. Midoriya. It's nice to see you too." She happily accepted the hug from the woman before she then leaned against the kitchen island.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" Inko asked as she poured three glasses of water.

"(Y/n) is going to hang out here for a bit until her dad is out of the hospital. I'm going to help her catch up in class from what she missed today." Deku explained as he took a glass from his mother.

"Oooh first name basis I see!" Inko chimed excitedly as she elbowed Deku lightly.

"Mom! It's not like that. We're just friends! Her dad is our teacher so it'd get confusing anyways." Deku blushed as he then handed (Y/n) a glass.

"Thank you.. and it's fine, ma'am. You can call me (Y/n) too if you'd like. If I'm being honest, seeing how nice of a relationship you and Deku have, it makes me hope that my mother was as kind as you before.."

Inko smiled as her eyes watered, happy tears of course. She walked around the island and hugged (Y/n) again but a little tighter this time. "Aww you sweet sweet girl! You can call me Inko! Or mom! Whatever you want!"

"Mom!!" Deku shouted, embarrassed. "Sorry, (Y/n) my mom can get a little emotional."

"I see where you get it from." (Y/n) joke as the woman let her go. "And that is very kind of you.. Inko. Thank you."

"Well, I'm sorry to cut things short, Zuzu but I have to head in to work. I shouldn't be gone long. Be good! I'm going to be that parent and say stay out of the bedroom!"

"Mom!!" Deku's face was now the darkest shade of red the girl has ever seen.

"I'm just teasing. Love you!" Inko waved goodbye before heading out the door.

The two set up in the living room. Deku laid out his books and notes he took earlier that day.

"So.. Zuzu.." (Y/n) teased as she poked Deku's side. "That's cute."

"Ah.. yeah." Deku laughed.

"She's really nice. You're mom.."

"Yeah she is. She's great. She's always supported me. I think she's really happy."

The two were silent for a moment. (Y/n) was skimming through Deku's notes as he flipped through a book. She thought it was a better time then any to ask about All Might.

"Deku.." she said in a hushed tone. "How long ago did All Might give you his quirk."

She watched closely at Deku's reaction. His body froze up and got stiff.

"W-What?"

The girl sat up and leaned in. "I didn't mean to eavesdrop.. but I overheard you and All Might talking back in the nurse's office."

"How much did you hear.."

"Everything." She met his gaze when he turned to look at her. He looked scared. Like he was caught doing something bad.

"Did you-.."

"I haven't said anything to anyone. I wanted to talk to you first."

He was silent. His body didn't relax, just remained just as stiff. It only let out a breath when the girl touched his hand.