- Chapter Five -

While they were driving away, (Y/n) kept her eyes on on the sky. The clouds looked like they were following them as they drove on.

"That boy said he knew me." She said, keeping her attention to the sky. 

"Did he say he knew you or that he recognized you." Erasure asked, glancing over at the girl then back to the road.

She thought for a moment before answering. "Well.. he said 'You're that girl from the water.'"

Erasure sucked in a sharp breath. "Interesting.." he said before pulling into a parking lot next to a pond. He turned the car off and got out. (Y/n) watched him do this until he bent to get to her eye level. "Well. You just going to sit there?"

"oh.." (Y/n) awkwardly got out of the car and followed Erasure to a bench that overlooked the pond. 

They both sat in silence for a while. Listening to the birds chirping. (Y/n) watched a line of ducks swimming across the water. The mother duck leading the way while her babies followed her, and what she assumed was the father duck at the very end. 

(Y/n) always wondered about her real parents. Were they looking for her? Were they alive? Were they the ones who tried to kill her? None of these questions were ever answered. Even after 4 years of searching, no one ever claimed to be her parents or gave any tips as to where they might be. 

"Here." Erasure's voice broke her train of thought and grabbed her attention away from the ducks. He was handing her a file. 

Confused, she hesitantly took it and opened it. She only had to read the first few lines before her eyes began to well up. "You... You adopted me?!" She asked through tears. 

"Congratulations, kid. You're officially no longer and orphan." He smiled. "You are now (Y/n) Aizawa. Now you don't have to call me dad or anythi-.." His words were cut short as (Y/n) engulfed him in a hug. 

He wrapped his arms around the girl and hugged her back softly, letting her cry into  his shoulder. "Th-Thank you so much.." She managed to get out through thick tears.

"Hey hey now. Why the tears. I thought you'd be happy?" Erasure chuckled as he pulled her away so he could see her face. 

(Y/n) before wiping her tears away with her sleeve as she took a few deep  breaths to calm down. "I am happy. More than you know. " Her smile was bright and warmed the man's heart. "Why did you all of a sudden decide now to adopt me?"

"It wasn't really 'All a sudden.' I have been thinking about it for a while now. But I didn't want to adopt you and have your real parents show up out of nowhere. So I waited for the right moment. And when you decided you wanted to become a pro hero and train under me, that's when I knew. So that's when I started the adoption process with the orphanage."

"So.. The entire time you were training me, you were also getting things settled to.. officially adopt me?"

"That's right."

The two sat for a little while longer. Enjoying the moment. 

"What about the orphanage?" (Y/n) asked. She was holding the file in her arms like a treasure or precious item. 

"We'll be gathering your things after this and setting up your room at my house over the next few weeks while we wait for your results."

The girl smiled and opened the file, rereading the paper again and again. 

Finally.. a real home.

~~~

A day or so had passed since Erasure had officially adopted (Y/n) and they moved her belongings into his home. She didn't have much at all, so he had taken her to the mall and let her shop around.

Erasure walked slowly behind (Y/n) hating every second they were there. His blood shot and tired eyes stayed to the floor the majority of the time, and whenever she wanted to go into a store, he would give her his card so that he didn't have to go inside with her. Instead he would wait on a bench nearby. 

She had gotten a few new outfits, accessories, and decor for her room so far. But it wasn't until they got to the food court had (y/n) started to feel anxious. 

She could see the boy with green hair a few feet away with what looked like his mom. And he noticed her too. 

"Hey! It's Miss Aizawa!" He shouted as he waved to the girl and walked towards her. When he noticed Erasure behind her he let out a loud gasp. "Oh my gosh and the Erasure Hero: Eraser Head! So it's true! He is your dad!" The boy's freckled face was flush with excitement. "I'm a big fan!"

"Izuku, dear! I am so sorry about my son. He gets a little jumpy hah.." His mother ran up beside him and bowed her head apologetically.

"Thanks. But we should get going now.." Erasure said bluntly. 

"I-I'm sorry for being so excited. My name is Izuku Midoriya. You're trying to get into UA too, right?" 

"Yes.. I am." (Y/n) said nervously. "It's nice to meet you, Midoriya. But if I may.. I thought your name was Deku? Isn't that what the boy called you in class?"

Midoriya's face turned a dark shade of red. "N-No that's just what Kacchan calls me to try and make fun of me, that's all!" His voice trembled from embarrassment. 

"Oh I see. Kacchan.." She mumbled to herself. "Well it sounds like a hero name to me! And I'm sure others would think so as well!"

Erasure watched the interaction with amusement. (Y/n) was actually having a full conversation with a boy of all people. He wasn't going to interrupt. 

"Y-You can call me Deku if you want!!" He almost shouted as he blushed even more. 

"Okay! Then you can call me (Y/n) if you'd like.." 

"Sure! I look forward to being friends with you! I hope we both get into UA!" Deku said with a big smile. 

(Y/n) nodded in response. "I would like that. Well.. see you later!" She said as she then turned to follow Erasure outside to the car that was full of her new belongings. 

"That went well..." Erasure said while starting the car. "You've already made a friend."

(Y/n) stayed quiet while looking out the window. A small smile crept onto her lips. 

I hope I see you again.. Deku.