- Chapter Twenty One -

A few hours had passed and the student's lunch period came quicker than (Y/n) anticipated.

She didn't bother actually getting food. She hasn't had an appetite since she texted Bakugo and told him to meet her on the rooftop.

She was standing by the fence overlooking the school by the time Bakugo had gotten there. He held two trays of food in his hands and sat them down on the bench before walking over to her, standing a few feet behind her.

No one liked going to the roof because of how it was, so the two were alone and had their privacy.

Bakugo didn't say anything as she turned to look at him. His hands were in his pockets and his usual scowl painted his face, but for some reason it seemed softer than normal.

"So what the hell is it that we need to talk about." He spat. The girl crossed her arms in an attempt to warm herself from the chilly air.

"I think you know, Bakugo.."

The boy gritted his teeth and took a step closer. "What the hell is with you? Do you think you're better than me or something? I thought I told you to call me by my first name."

"You did. But that was before you lied straight to my face." She could feel her blood begin to boil from anger. She gripped her arms tightly.

"Hey I never lied to you, ya damn nerd!" He pointed an accusing finger at her.

"No? Then what do you call kissing me, telling me you care about me, only to turn around and say 'Why should I give a damn if she gets hurt or not. I don't care.'"

She quoted him, spitting the words out like poison in her mouth. Her eyes were watering as she fought the urge to cry right then and there. She didn't want to come across as weak to him.  Especially not now.

"I.. I didn't say that to you.  I said that to Deku."

"What does it matter?! You still said it! What would have happened the next day of school if I hadn't heard you say that?"

"What do you mean."

"Would you have ignore me? Or would you have pretended like what happened between us never happened." Her words were harsh.

Bakugo hesitated before answering. Not because he didn't want to answer, but because he didn't have an an answer. "I.. I don't know."

The girl sarcastically laughed as she let her arms fall to her sides. "Right. If that's the case then I'm glad I overheard you talking to Deku. You saved me a whole lot of embarrassment." Her voice cracked as she spoke. Tears betrayed her as they fell down her cheeks. Bakugo found himself stepping forward to wipe her tears instantly but she pushed him away harshly.

"No. You don't get to care about me behind closed doors only to pretend like I don't exist outside. We're done here." She pushed past him and headed for the door leading back down into the building.

"(Y/n) wait." Her name coming from him sounded sweet like honey and it would normally make her melt, but instead it squeezed her heart painfully. She stopped in her tracks and spun around quickly, ready to argue with whatever he had to say, only to be greeted with his arms around her.

He pulled her into his chest and hugged her tightly. She didn't fight back. Instead she willingly fell into the embrace, hating herself for loving it. His mahogany firewood scent filled her nose the closer they got.

"I wasn't lying when I said I cared about you.." he said quietly, his deep voice whispering in her ear. "I can't explain it. I tried talking to that bastard Deku about it but he was no help at all."