- Chapter Twenty Eight -

By the time Todoroki got to the park it was one in the morning. The girl was sitting on some bench under a tree with her knees pulled against her chest with her arms wrapped around them.

He rushed over to her in heavy breaths and stopped in front of her. "A-Aizawa." He said as swallowed hard. He ran all the way from his house to this park without stopping. It was safe to say he was exhausted.

The girl raised her head slowly. "Shoto.." her voice sounded drained. Her eyes red and puffy.

He took a seat beside her on her right and put his hand on her head softly trying to comfort her. But the second he sat down, she leaned against his body and he instinctively wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He rubbed her arm lightly but stopped when he realized it was the Auto Mail arm beneath her jacket.

He frowned and pulled her closer. He couldn't imagine what she could be feeling right now. "Aizawa.. I'm sorry."

"Please, Shoto.. can you please just hold me." She whimpered, pulling her legs closer to her body.

Todoroki then grabbed her legs and pulled them across his lap. She didn't fight it. Instead she happily accepted this.

She made herself comfortable in his lap as he leaned back against the bench. Her fingers held onto the collar of his shirt and she rested her head against his shoulder.

His cheeks were a light pink, but he was more focused on her. If she was okay.

After some time, he rubbed her leg softly before he looked down at her. She looked up and met his gaze and was surprised to see his smile.

"What are you smiling for?" She asked with genuine confusion. It was 1am and she had called him out of nowhere and asked him to come see her with no explanation. Why isn't he mad?

Todoroki sighed and squeezed her leg gently. "Nothing.. so. Why are you here by yourself?"

She pulled herself from his lap and put some space between them. Suddenly feeling embarrassed for calling him. "I um.. I still had some questions about the past."

The boy raised an eyebrow. He didn't believe that was the only reason she called and asked him to go to the park at 1am.

"What do you want to know?"

She shifted and held her hands in her lap. "You said before.. before the attack. That our brothers were friends."

"Yes I did. You said you didn't remember that?"

She laughed awkwardly and ran her fingers through her hair. "It's not that I just don't remember that. I don't remember anything. I don't remember having a brother. Or who my parents are. Or who I even was before.." her voice began to get shaky again. Todoroki took her hand in his.

She met his eyes and smiled but drew away, looking back at her hands.

Todoroki sighed and looked up at the stars. "You and I were really close. Our brothers would pick on us a lot. But we stuck together."

He squeezed her hand and their eyes locked.

"Then.. then why did our brothers want me dead?"

"You had just gotten your quirk. And they didn't like that. One day you fought back. And they took it too far. They just wouldn't stop." His hand gripped hers tightly and his voice trembled as he relived this memory.

"Why didn't you ever speak up? No one ever claimed me and no witnesses ever came forward. You could have helped me. Your brother needs to pay for what he did to me!" She stood up on her feet and stood in front of him. Todoroki didn't meet her gaze and kept his head low with his hands on his knees.

"Shoto!" She shouted as she put her hands on his shoulders, forcing him back against the bench so that he'd look at her.

"Because he died!"

(Y/n) let out a heavy breath. "What..?"

"My brother.. he died suddenly after the uh.. incident. And I got scared. Scared that I was next. My family marked it as suicide or sickness or something. But I was never sure."

When he finally looked up at her, tears had fell down his cheeks and he looked pained. "Miss Aizawa. I am so. So sorry. How could you ever forgive me."

"Shoto.." she muttered. Her right hand moved from his shoulder to his face and she rubbed her thumb softly against his cheek. She wasn't sure what to say. It was so much to take in all at once. And seeing him cry threw her off guard.

Todoroki leaned into her hand and pressed his lips against her palm sending chills throughout the girl's body.

She wasn't sure what came over her. It felt like a rush of warmth and adrenaline. She cupped the boy's face with both of her hands and pressed her lips against his, kissing him softly.
Instead of pulling away, Todoroki held the girl by her hips and pulled her onto his lap. Her legs straddling him as the kiss deepened.

This kiss felt natural. It felt warm. Like they both knew it was meant to happen. Todoroki squeezed her thighs in his hands as their tongues began to dance in their mouths.

(Y/n) made the first move and pulled away. Both of their faces were a deep red and their lips tingled.

"I.." The girl started but stopped, not sure what to say as she brought her hands to her chest.

Todoroki smiled awkwardly and placed one of his hands on her cheek. "I know."

Sometime had passed and they had separated themselves, sitting on opposite sides of the bench. Their faces were both still beet red but small smiles graced their faces.

"I didn't call you just to ask you more questions." She finally admitted as she fiddled her thumbs in circles.

"I know."

"Bakugo and I.. we broke up.

"I know." He turned and looked at her apologetically.

"What? How do you know?"

"I saw him walking home on my way here. He looked incredibly angry so I avoided him. Then when I showed up, you were crying. I didn't think it was a coincidence." He explained.

The girl looked to him then back at her hands. "O-Oh.. Shoto can you..-"

"I won't say anything about the kiss." He interrupted as he stood up and held his hand out to her. "Not now at least."

She smiled lightly before taking his hand and standing. "Thank you."

"Come on. I'll walk you home. We're both going to be incredibly tired tomorrow for class." He tried to lighten the mood and bared a smile.

She giggled and walked beside him. Because he has never been to her house before, (Y/n) led the majority of the way. But they still walked side by side.

The ten minute walk ended too quickly in her opinion. But it was late and she was admittedly tired.

She started to climb the tree to get back up to her window but was stopped by Todoroki's hand. She turned and before she could say anything, he kissed her forehead softly.

"Sleep well, Miss Aizawa." He smiled.

She blushed darkly. "T-Text me once you're home?"

"Of course." He tucked some hair behind her ear and headed off.

The girl stood there dumbfounded, running her fingers along her forehead where he had kissed. She quickly shook her head and smacked her cheeks lightly.

"Bakugo literally just broke up with you, (Y/n). Get it together." She said to herself as she climbed the tree and climbed into her window as quietly as she could.

As tired as she was, the girl still laid in bed all night thinking about the events that happened just an hour before.