- Chapter Seventeen -

(Y/n) sat on the floor in the bathroom for a while after Bakugo left. The scene was intense. Sensual. It left butterflies in her stomach. Where did this leave the two of them, though?

After some time had passed, (Y/n) Finally dried the rest of her body and hair off before getting dressed in the clothes she was given.

A black tank top with a shite skull on it that fit on her loosely, and black sweat pants. Once again nothing surprising coming from Bakugo.

The girl hung her towel up and headed for the stairs when a sudden knock on the door made her jump and freeze in place. Curiosity got the better of her, of course, so she crept quietly to the stairs and stood at the top, overlooking the front door.

(Y/n) watched quietly as Bakugo walked to the door with his hands in his pockets. He seemed annoyed that someone was bothering him, but what's new?

She couldn't see who was there when Bakugo opened the door, but she knew from the sound of the voice who it was.

"What the hell do you want, Deku.."

"Hi, Kacchan.. I was wondering if you heard from Aizawa?" Deku responded  hesitantly.

"Isn't he in the hospital or something."

"Huh? Oh no I mean (Y/n)! See.. she called me last night and I haven't heard from her since. I tried calling her cell when she didn't show up to class today but it goes straight to voice-mail. You also weren't in class today so I thought maybe she was with you?"

Bakugo was quiet for a moment. (Y/n) wished she could see what his facial expression looked like because she couldn't tell what was going on through his head from the top of the stairs.

"It's none of your business, ya damn nerd.." He said bluntly as he began to close the door, only to have Deku stop it almost immediately.

"Aren't you worried about her at all? What if she got seriously hurt at USJ? I thought you two were close!"

"Why should I give a damn if she's okay or not. Or if she even got hurt. The way I see it - all of you damn extras are just competition. All hoping to be number one. Well news flash. I don't care. Because I'm going to be number one."

(Y/n)'s heart dropped to her stomach. What..
Her mind went blank as her legs wobbled, forcing her to sit down on the top step. Bakugo's words played through her head over and over.

Why should I give a damn if she's okay or not.

"Kacchan you can't be serious! How could you say something like that after what she's been through!" She could hear the anger in Deku's words.

"Tcht.. whatever. Aren't you supposed to be in class or something. Get lost."

"It's 1:40pm. We were let out early.. " Deku said sullenly.

Before he could ask or say anything more, Bakugo slammed the door shut.  But he wasn't expecting to see (Y/n) now halfway down the stairs, looking at him with pained eyes.

"Oh.. Tiny. I didn't hear you come down."

She didn't respond. Instead she walked down the stairs quietly and walked up to the tall blonde and struck him across the face. A red hand print now stung his cheek.

"So I'm guessing you heard that.." he grunted as he met the girl's sad gaze.

"I can't believe I trusted you.. Which one of us did you lie to, hm? What's your problem? Are you too embarrassed to let Deku know that I was here? That you do care about me? That we're more than just close. Or was that a lie too."

Bakugo remained silent. He wasn't sure what to say.

"That's more than enough for me to know what your answer is. Thank you for letting me stay the night. I'll wash these clothes and get them back to you tomorrow." She snapped as she turned and picked up the bag that held her Hero Costume and then snatched her phone off the charger.

"(Y/n), wait.. I-... " He was at a loss for words. To be frank he wasn't sure why he said what he said. Maybe he couldn't let his reputation slip. "I can't just let that damn nerd or any other extra think I'm some kind of softy."

(Y/n) let out a sarcastic laugh as she threw on her boots and pushed past him to the door. "Well lucky you. They'll never know." She snapped as she opened the door and slammed it shut behind her.

Bakugo watched the girl rush out. The second the door was shut, he dropped to his knees and held his face in his hands. "What the hell is wrong with me.. dammit!"

(Y/n) didn't look back. She forced herself up the street that slowly turned into an uphill trek. The muscles in her legs burned as she pushed forward. She wasn't sure where she was going. All she knew was that she wanted to get away from there.

The few moments she shared with Bakugo rushed through her mind only to be followed up with those words that spit from Bakugo's mouth: "I don't care."

She brought her hand up and wiped her mouth harshly with her palm. She felt used. Manipulated.

Her mind was so distracted that she didn't see the boy coming. She had run straight into someone, causing him to fall backwards and her landing directly on top of him.

Of course. What else can go wrong.

"Ouch..I'm so sorry I wasn't looking where I was going!"

"(Y/n)?"

The girl quickly looked up to see Deku's freckled face nearly a few inches from her own.

"D-Deku!?"

"(Y/n)!" He took the girl in his arms in a warm embrace and hugged her tightly. "I'm so glad you're okay! I've been so worried something happened to you!"

He helped her stand and picked up her bag for her. "What happened? Are you alright? Where were you?  Uh.. are those.. Kacchan's clothes.?"

"I.. um.." she hesitated. What was she supposed to say? He was just at Bakugo's house and he told Deku that she wasn't there. But now there she was. Wearing Bakugo's clothes. Running from the direction of his house. Talk about awkward..

"I'm okay." She looked down at the tank top she wore and pulled it up a bit to cover more of her cleavage. "And this.. um."

Deku then surprised her as he reached over and put his hand on her head, feeling her hair. "Your hair is damp. Did you just get out of the shower?" And of course, being as intuitive as he is, Deku started to piece it together.

He let out a gasp as he placed his hands on the sides of her arms. "I know! You called Kacchan last night didn't you! That's why you asked for his number! And then he picked you up and you went to his house! And that's why he didn't say anything when I asked because you were in the shower!"

"Ah.. well um.. it's complicated."

"But wait. If you're here now.. did something happen?"

"That's.. also complicated."

"You have a bruise on your neck. Did he hurt you?! Is that why you left?!"

The girl found her hand up to her neck. Her fingers brushed against her skin. A vision of Bakugo kissing her neck flashed in her mind. Her cheeks flushed at the thought of moment they shared. She cleared her throat and shook her head.

"Something like that. Listen. Deku.. I uh. I don't actually know where I am. As embarrassing as that is. Can you help me?"

Deku's face lit up and he gave her a bright smile. "Absolutely! Come on. My house isn't too far from here. We can call All Might when we're there."

All Might. That's right. She overheard Deku and All Might talking about his quirk. "You have All Might's number?"

Deku froze. "Well I uh.. I meant I'd call the school to get ahold of him! Yeah! That's what I meant. Let's get going!"

He took her hand and he headed off, not giving her the chance to ask anymore questions. But his hand in her own felt clamy. He was nervous. She followed in suit and decided to ask him about it later. There was no more putting it off.