- Chapter Forty Two -

Another week passed. It had been officially one month since the rescue. Bakugo stayed by her side all week. Erasure didn't like the idea at first, but the girl's night terrors didn't cease, and her anxiety when Bakugo was gone grew more and more.

"We might want to consider keeping her here longer.." One of the main doctor's at the facility suggested. "Her rehabilitation has been going well, but once that boy is out of sight, she panics. And her night terrors haven't gotten any better."

Erasure stood with his arms crossed and his hand resting on his chin. "You might be right. We'll try taking her outside to see more people once or twice a day and go from there."

He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "Then there's the factor that the League might come for her again. We haven't seen or heard any activity since the raid."

They decided to keep her there for another two weeks and reevaluate her then. Slowly but surely, her night terrors lessened. They allowed Bakugo to stay with her to keep her calm.

They started one on one therapy after a few days. Bakugo would stand on the other side of the door during the sessions. It was hard for the girl at first, but grew more comfortable talking after a while.

The only topic she refused to talk about was Dabi. Just mentioning his name made the girl go numb.  So they unfortunately had to tred lightly around the topic.

The weeks went by quickly. Two days left until (Y/n)'s reevaluation. She was feeling confident and nervous at the same time.

She was lost in thought as she paced around her room. Bakugo laid on the bed with a book in hand. He wasn't allowed to keep his cell phone while he stayed with her to avoid their location being leaked.

"What's your problem, doll." He asked as he looked over at her.

She tied her hair up in a pony tail and used the reflection from her left arm to make sure she looked okay. "I got a letter from Erasure saying that I was having a surprise visitor today. But I have no idea who it could be."

This grabbed his interest. He sat up and set the book down. "The hell? He didn't say anything about that to me."

She walked over to him and took his hand. "Do you think it'll be Mina? Or Deku? Or Shoto?!"

Bakugo furrowed his eyes brows. "Why the hell would you want Icy Hot to come here." He growled.

She smiled. "We had gotten close before.. I haven't seen him since the night I was taken. We were friends."

Bakugo stood up,  shaking his hand from her grasp before crossing his arms. "He came to see you back then. When I was able to break you from whatever shitty trance you were in. He saw you before me."

He scowled. What would have happened if Todoroki had broken her from the trance before him?  Would he have been able to see her at all? Would they be together like they are now?

He huffed and turned to look at her, and was instantly disheartened.

She stood there with her head down, looking at her hands as she laced her fingers together. "I'm sorry.. I just miss everyone. A lot." She rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand before looking up at Bakugo.

He sighed heavily. "You don't have to apologize, idiot. I just.." he scratched the back of his head. His cheeks grew warm as he looked to the side. "I just don't want to lose you again."

The girl covered her mouth with her hands for a moment, hiding her smile, before she ran up to him and hugged him tightly. He hugged her back and their eyes met.