Chapter 1

My mind was fogged, pixelated even, the only thing I could make out were my exposed feet as my hands tugged on the hospital gown I was wearing, not my form of attire, but I couldn't pick and choose right now, I was in the hospital.

I think.

I used what little strength I had to sit up, my legs dangling down as I leaned down and allowed my feet to hit the cold surface whilst I stumbled to the door and opened it as I furrowed my brows, if this was a hospital where are the doctors, nurses and more importantly the other patients, I questioned in my hazy mind as I walked out and saw a basket of my own clothes.

I quickly grabbed some stuff, headed to the spare room, locked it, and began to get changed as I shook my head from the dizziness, whatever happened or whatever they injected me is something that can knock someone out for hours on end, so why was it that I was awake, why am I still able to walk and use my hands freely, it doesn't make any sense.

When I pulled up my jeans and grabbed my shirt, I heard voices, I don't know if they we're in my head or in the corridor just a few feet away from the door, so I pressed my ear against it and tried to make out what was being said.

'Phase two has to be initiated, we cannot delay the protocol if this mission ends badly', someone said as I stayed silent as a mouse and made sure I didn't make a noise to let them know I was here.

'Nothing will go wrong, phase two will commence whether we need it or not, but they will be the final puzzle to take over the world', the next voice said as I furrowed my brows, I know that voice, more importantly I know who it belongs to, my uncle.

Alexander Pierce.

'Get the asset prepped, we can't delay any longer', he says as I push my ear further, but the voices faded, and I couldn't hear anything else.

What the hell is an asset, or who is it, or what do they need from them, the questions popping in my head.

When I pushed off of the door, I had another dizzy episode and stumbled back as I hit the back wall and fell on my ass whilst I gasped, this is just fucking great isn't it, the thought ran across my mind as I sat there, pulled my arms through, and tried to get the remainder of my clothes on as my vision became blurry again.

Get up and get out of here, a voice in my head echoed as I sighed and shook my head, 'I can't, I'm not strong enough', I said as my hand fell limb and I whimpered from the pain.

She belong to Hydra now, she will continue to live and die here if she has to, the other voice spoke as the other part, the good part of me screamed in my head, 'do you want to die Y/n, get your ass up before you become Hydra's little bitch', she says with more stern in her voice.

'I just want to sleep for five minutes, that's all I want, then I'll move', I said as the voices quieted and something reached out to my face when my eyes fell shut, 'shh', another voice that doesn't sound familiar says, as I reach to their arm and hold it, 'I'm so tired', I muttered.

'I know', they whispered as their face comes closer and I gain control of my other hand as I pressed my hand on their face, 'I'm gonna cause a distraction, you will have a twenty second window to get out of here', the voice says whilst I recognised it belongs to a boy, more specifically a man.

'...Did you hear me', he yelled as he shook me and I nod, 'Hmm', I mumbled as he helped me to my feet whilst I saw people in the shadow, but couldn't contemplate who they we're as I shook my head from the dizziness, 'They gave you doses of horse tranquiliser, it will take over your body if you decide to stop, if you don't, there's a door at the far end of the corridor, take the stairs and once your down there, there's a fire exit on the right, open it and run as far as you can', another voice instructed as I nod and the man that kept me upright, gently let go as I looked at the door, 'ready', a female voice asked as I nodded.