Chapter 17

After two weeks of getting everything done and giving Vivian a proper send off, I had to sit in the meeting room with a lawyer that Vivian had hired to which, in the events of her death, the lawyer would take off the final steps and I had to sit there, listening, and trying to keep myself together.

'Y/n, do you understand', Coulson says as I sigh and then nod, I just wanted to get this thing over and done with, I honestly cannot be bothered, I just wanted to get some stuff off of my mind and this constant reminder isn't doing it for me, 'are we done now', I asked.

'Yes', the lawyer simply answered whilst pushing his brief case close and I stand up to leave, 'you only have a week to clear out her room Agent Y/n, or else the nurses will take over and pack it all up', he says as I stare back at him, 'touch anything, and I burn everything down', I said.

'We'll handle it Henry', Coulson quickly adds and shakes his hand.

When he left, I heard Coulson sigh, 'Y/n, there's something called being nice', he says.

'It was a warning', I stated and grabbed my jacket, 'am I allowed to leave now', I asked and when he nods and I'm ready to take that as my queue to leave, I heard a familiar voice and looked at him shocked, 'Agent Coulson, I'm really sorry I'm late', Spencer says, running in whilst he took in heavy breaths, '...I needed to give a mission report', he adds and when Coulson doesn't respond, I do, 'what the hell is going on', I ask, I already had a pretty good idea, but I still wanted to hear it, 'Y/n, this is Agent twenty seven', Coulson says, 'Spencer Jackson', he adds and now I'm even more angry, 'are you fucking kidding me', I said, 'so while you left me alone, you thought it'd be a great idea to send an agent to do what exactly, spy on me', I almost yell at the both of them.

'It wasn't like that', Coulson says and I'm scoffing, 'the hell it wasn't', I begin when he interrupts, 'it wasn't, he was there for your protection, to keep an eye on you to...', he begins but I'm interrupting this time, 'to give you the mission report on how well I fucking behaved', I said, and I could feel my nails dig into my palms, I was so fucking mad, the lies, the deceit, I thought he was just someone I chose to hate because I didn't want to allow him to wedge himself inside my heart and break down the walls, but now they're as hard as ever, and I won't allow anyone to do that to me now.

'There was no mission report', Spencer tells me and this time I look at him, 'don't talk to me, you've lost the right to', I said and then I'm storming out and slamming the door behind me.

*Coulson POV*

'I'll talk to her', I tell him and he shakes his head, 'No, it's my mess, and I'll talk to her', he tells me, 'let me know what the lawyer talked about later, I'll go catch up with her', he adds and I nod, she's mad right now, but I know Spencer is one of the people who can make her see reason, and calm her down, it was one of the reasons why Fury made him the one to be the top choice to connect with Y/n best, and they did, so I hope they can patch up their relationship, she needs more friends then anything else, so I can only hope he gets through to her.

'Do you know where she'll be heading', I ask him and he smiles, 'I know all her hiding spots, it won't be difficult', he says and then I nod and watch him walk out.

*End of POV*
________

'Go away', I sigh and warn him, it shouldn't be a surprise that he knows all my hiding spots, he always did know how to find me when I was upset or angry, so I should've really found somewhere better to get the privacy I wanted, 'I'm sorry, I should've told you', he says and then takes a seat beside me, where there's enough space between us, 'At first I couldn't', he began, 'I was supposed to build a relationship, get to see how you really acted when you weren't with any one who knew you and we'd believed a lie', he says.