Chapter 11

I was out, when it wasn't too busy and was glad that no one either walked too close or accidently bumped into me, it was stupid that people didn't watch where they we're going, but I couldn't really do much about it, people will do whatever they want and blame whoever they want.

So, the best time to avoid people was quit literally the end of the evening, so there was only a short time frame where I could go out and have some alone time for a while until I'm bombarded with missions and meetings I have to attend.

I walked over to a small corner store that caught my attention after I heard a bell and saw some interesting stuff on it, the main thing that caught my attention was the portable stereo radio, it was baby blue with a brown leather strap and dial scale to change through different types of channels through the radio.

I like it, she says as I nod, me too, I said and when I headed into the store, I saw a gentleman with a newspaper covering his entire face, the only thing I could make out was that he was wearing a newsboy hat.

I hovered my finger over to the bell that sat on the counter and gave it a small tap that made it ping and got the shop owners attention, 'hello', he says and looks up as I nod and put the radio on the table next to him, 'would you like to buy it', he said as I nod again and he grabs a bag, 'would you like anything else', he asked as I shook my head a little, 'only the radio and this', I said after I picked up the pipe and handed it to him whilst he tallied that up to the total of the radio and I handed him the cash as I took the bag, 'thank you Sir', I said as he nods.

'You're welcome Y/n', he responds as I stopped at my track and look back at him whilst he smiles a little, '...sorry, you just look a lot like your grandmother', he explained as I grew to understand and nod.

'Oh uhm, I didn't know you knew her too', I said.

'Yeah, I knew her for a while too, Arthur told me', he says as I nod again, 'oh, do you know him too', I said as he nods, 'we're neighbours', he said as I nod again and he put out his hand over the counter, 'I'm Desmond', he says as I take a moment and then shake it as he smiled, 'It's nice to meet you Desmond', I said as our hands part, 'It's nice to meet you too', he says as I nod again.

'Well, I should head back before I'm missed', I explained as he to nods and waves as I head out and walk back to the compound.

I still had a few hours until my mission with Bucky, so I still had some time to kill and just when I was about to look up from my watch, I bumped into someone accidently, 'sorry', I said as I looked up and stood back a little, 'It's fine', he says as I saw Steve with Bucky by his side again whilst he looked at the bag in my hand, 'what did you buy', he asked as I opened it, took the box out and handed it to him as he smiled, 'a radio', he says as I nodded.

'Hmm, I like these type of things', I said as he smiled and I took it off of him and put it back in my bag, so he didn't accidently drop and break it, 'where are you going now', he asked.

'The Compound', I said as he nods, 'we're going back too, we'll walk together', he suggests as I nod again, and we head back.

I'm hungry, she says as I shook my head a little, I'm not, I responded as she sighed, if I'm hungry that means you are too, she says as I nod again, I've got something back in the compound, I said.

'Y/n', Steve called out to me the second time and I look up at him, 'uhm yeah, I mean, what did you say', I said as they both stared at me, 'I said if you liked listening to the radio', he repeats as I nod again, 'yeah, I like it', I responded.

Me too, she said and just when he was about to say something else, a store caught my eye as I grew thrilled, 'doughnuts', I excitedly said as I quickly head in and was thankful I was the only person in there as I walked over and saw a women, with an apron and white hat on and ordered some doughnuts from her.