Chapter 48

We all needed somewhere to lie low, so made the decision we'd stay in Evie's café until we got back, so now we're sat in one of the booths with the shutters drown for our own privacy and the sign turned to closed, 'would you guys like anything', Evie asked, looking at the team while they shake their heads and she nods.

Evie loves cooking and baking, she loves it even more so when she's got something on her mind, and it helps her rethink and put all her energy into something else, so she doesn't end up crying.

'No thank you', Nat replied whilst she stands from her seat, 'I'll make something anyway', she says and then heads to her kitchen whilst the team shared a smile and I look down at Grace when I felt her movement and saw her waking up and rubbing her eyes awake.

When they're adjusted to the light, the first thing she does is stare at the closed door with a sad expression on her face, 'not back yet', she muttered to herself whilst I just stare at her, 'I'm still here', I brake the silence and watch her head turn and she stares at me, 'I know', she says, 'I want her though', she admits and then stares back at the door and I just sigh to myself, I may have a few years ahead of my past - self but Grace doesn't know that, she only recognises us as twins and I wish I could show her that's not the case.

'When will she back', she asked when I got out of thought and when I wanted to respond, she stared at me with teary eyes, 'I changed my mind, I want to be with her, now please', she says and when there's a long pause, I sigh, 'she's gone', I muttered whilst her tears flowed on her cheeks and she shakes her head, 'No she hasn't, I want to go back, now, I want her back', she says, almost yelling at me and I let her have her tantrum, 'Grace', I said when she tried to climb out of my lap, but she was still reluctant on it and I just let her go, I didn't want her hurting herself, 'Grace', Evies voice suddenly echoed and she turns around and runs to her, 'I want her back, please, I want to go back', she pleads when Evie hugs her and I notice her puffy red eyes, she's been crying too, 'shh, don't cry, everything's going to be okay', she says and cradles her closer, 'I want to see her', she says through her sobs and cries and its only then she starts to hyperventilate and I quickly stand from my seat whilst the rest follow too and she rubs her back, 'breathe, Gracie, Breathe', Evie says, but it doesn't calm her down, instead it gets worser and I quickly put my hands on her chest.

When I feel her beating heart, I allow my powers to do all the work, no amount of talking or getting her to calm down would work, so I did what I had to do even though I wasn't supposed too, 'breathe', I soothed, locking my eyes onto hers and I feel her chest rising slower and slower, 'breathe', I repeat when it paced again and she almost immediately melts into my touch, and then leans in, wraps her arms around me and then l bring her closer by wrapping her legs around me, 'what are you doing', Evie questioned when the glow of my hand brightened, but I focus everything on Grace for the time being, and would answer her questions later, or when I had the time.

I followed the team and sat down whilst she stared blankly, up, at me, 'let's go back', she whispered and I just stare down at her, I don't know where to go from here.

When she closed her eyes, and began to doze off, I knew there was only one way of getting her better, 'I can take the last couple days away from her, she'll hurt herself if she still remembers I told her I'd be leaving', I said and then looked at everyone, their decision mattered and I didn't want to do anything without everyone agreeing first, and when I thought one of them would answer, Evie did, 'Will it hurt her', she asks me and I shake my head, 'No, not even in the slightest', I answer and she nods.

'Do it', she instructed, 'she's not going to get better and she'll fight until she's back in that cabin so do it', she adds and I look at everyone and when they nod, I move my hand to her head, close my eyes and then place a bubble around the memory and one day, when she understands better, I'll give them back to her.