Chapter 36

*Bucky POV*

I made it back to Y/n when she shot up and whimpered into my chest, so I sooth her and wrap my arms around her, she's had some tough nights since being back and I'm making sure I don't leave her side.

'Bucky', she whispered whilst her teeth clatter together, 'Shh, it's okay, you're okay', I reassure her and hug her tighter.

'I'm so cold', she mutters and even though the heat in this room is at its highest, her skin is still as cold when she fell out of the chamber and into my arms.

'I think we might need a different approach', I tell her, then when I make a move to get off of the bed, she shakes her head, 'No, stay', she says, clutching onto me.

'I'm still here, I'm not going anyway, just give me a second', I said and she reluctantly let's go and I make quick work to get up, then strip down and I do the same with her too.

'What are you doing', she asks and her teeth clatter more, 'getting you warm', I reply, then join her back in bed and wrap my arms around her again, which she then melts into me.

________

'How's that', I ask her and she melts even more into me, 'much better', she tells me and I smile with her and kiss her shoulder, 'I feel more warmer', she adds.

'I can tell', I said because I could feel her body heat with the help of my own and I was just glad she wasn't shivering anymore.

'Your stomachs rumbling, I'll get you something to eat', I said, 'would you like anything specific', I question.

'Grilled cheese with tomato soap', she replies and I chuckle to myself because it's safe to say she loves the stuff and it's her comfort food.

'I'm actually starving, so bring extra', she says and I smile and move my hand, lazily over her arm, 'when was the last time you ate', I ask.

'Mmm, Tuesday', she says and I stare at her, 'Doll', I sigh, 'that was three days ago', I tell her and she stares at me too, 'really, it doesn't seem that long ago really', she says and I give her a look that shows I'm not happy, 'Coulson's right, you shouldn't be left unsupervised', I said and she laughs and tucks herself into me, 'I'm sorry, I forgot to eat, it's just so hard to remember when your doing other things', she tells me and I nod, 'I know you do', I said and hug her closer.

________

'How is it', Wanda asks her and she smiles, 'It's delicious', she replies and it earns her a smile from Wanda, 'is it better then Coulson's', she questions.

'I don't think you want to hear the answer to that question', she replies and we all laugh whilst she enjoys her third plate, I like her being back, she's like a breath of air to not just me, but the whole team too.

'I almost forgot, I made lemonade', Wanda says when I get out of thought, 'Nat you wouldn't mind, it's on the top shelf', she tells her and then she grabs it.

'Let's hope she didn't put more sugar in it this time', Nat mutters to Y/n, but we heard it and laughed whilst she did too, 'hey, don't be mean, it was my first time making it last time, I didn't know the right ingredients', Wanda says as we continue to laugh, but then there's a loud crash, that was the cause of Pietro dropping everything he had in his arms on the floor, but that's not what caught our attention, it was Y/n, when she jumped and dropped her own dishes in the process and we stare at her, something like that would never have frightened her so much.

'Sorry, I'm not used to too much loud sounds', she says and sighs, 'I'll clean it up', she said, but I'm already out of my seat and kneel in front of her, 'I'll do it', I said and she looks down at me, 'It's fine, It's my...', she begins but I'm already picking up the pieces and disposing them, 'I'm already done', I said and then move onto cleaning the soup off of her leg and then the floor.