Chapter 53

I was in the middle of teasing Grace when she decided to stick her tongue out at me and I look at her with narrowed eye, because now she's caused a fight, 'you have five seconds', I warn her and she's got a mischievous smile on her, 'or what', she says and I smile at her cheekiness, 'or else I'm going to become a monster and eat you', I tell her, 'five, four, three...', I begin my countdown and she sprints down the hallway, then I give her another few seconds until I push myself of the couch and run after her.

When I get into the next hallway, Grace turns her head until her eyes meet mine and she screams because I'm almost to her, 'ahh, monster', she screams and I laugh.

'Evie, help, there's a monster', she yells out to her, then hides behind her and I'm stopping just near her, 'give her up', I tell Evie when she cages her behind her to protect her whilst Grace catches her breath behind her, 'leave her alone, she didn't do anything', she states and I smile again, 'oh she did plenty, the first is sticking her tongue out at me', I said and reach for her but she yells and Evie gasps her in and uses herself to protect her, 'hey, hey, hey', she chimes, 'you must have encouraged it, leave her alone', she tells me, but I grab Evie and then reach for Grace, whilst she screams and wiggles out of my reach, then runs down the hall then I'm chasing her and Evie's in tow behind me.

I laugh, and duck behind the kitchen counter, then grab Grace when she rounds the corner, 'I got you', I yell and go into a tickle fight with her, where she's in a laughing fit, 'who's going to save you now', I ask and tickle her again, 'now I'm going to eat you', I warn her, then nibble her where she squeals, laughs and yells out.

'I am', I heard behind me and then I'm attacked by Evie, where's she's pinned me to the ground by sitting on top of me, 'I suggest you pick on someone your own size', she says and then looks at Grace, 'was she bullying you', she asks her and I see a pout on Graces face when she nods and gives her her dough eyes, 'she was', she confirms, then begins to attack me and I'm the one in a laughing fit when Grace joins

'Evie', I warn her but she continues to tickle me, 'say sorry, and I stop', she tells me.

'Okay, okay', I said, then when she stops and I've caught my breath, I look at the pair of them, 'I'm sorry your a cry baby', I tease and it's then Evie continues with tickling me, 'that's not apologising', she says and I continue to laugh.

'Apologise or else', she instructs and I scoff, 'you wish', I said and then twist my hips and throw them both to the side and when I go to tickle them both, we heard something shatter, so when we look over, we see the broken pieces of a plant pot that was on the coffee table, now in two broken pieces on the ground with soil everywhere.

'Oops', Grace says first.

'Okay, so the three of you are on time out', I hear Tony say and when I look over, I see him with the team behind him, all off them laughing and snickering to themselves, 'who's going to clean it up', he asks and before I could answer, Evie and Grace point to me and I stare at them, 'it was her fault', Evie says and Grace agrees with her, 'traitor', I said and then they're all laughing.

________

Me, Evie and Grace were cooking together in the kitchen, Grace was perched up on the kitchen counter singing her heart away with Evie, I brought back our old radio that we used to have, luckily Oscar kept maintenance on it and it works just the day we got it, then Evie's got Grace in her arms and they're both dancing, singing and giggling together.

I liked this part of our day, the part where I'm off missions and have the evening free, now that I have more time on my hands, I get to spend it all on the people I love and it's really something refreshing.

Then I'm catching myself sing with them and Grace jumps into my arms, where I'm the one dancing with her this time and I'm laughing with her whilst I feel the beat of her heartbeat race against my chest.