Chapter 10

I slumped into my chair and sighed to myself, we already had a meeting, so I don't know why Coulson want's to speak to us, more specifically me, Steve and Bucky, so I waited for the call whilst Steve navigates himself through the different buttons on the tablet and in a few short seconds, Coulson appeared.

'At least I got that right', Steve says and Coulson chuckles a little, 'don't worry, it'll take some time getting use to', he tells him.

'Probably a long time', Steve says whilst I watch him take a seat and fold his arms across his chest, which makes his muscles strain against his shirt and I look back at Coulson, who was leaning against his desk.

'Well learning is improving', he says and picks a file out of the stack of papers he had on his desk, '...anyway, I need to get this out of the way because I'm going to be busy and will be off the grid for a couple of hours, so I have a new mission', Coulson tells us and then when he wants to continue, we're alerted by another alarm from his side of the call.

'Excuse me, I have to talk to the General, he'll be pissed if I miss another call', he says and when we nod, Coulson disappears with a few clicks of his monitor.

When the five minute mark passed, I got bored, so I stood up, walked out of the room and went to grab a book, from previous experience, I knew that this meeting wouldn't only take a couple of minutes, they usually lasted longer, so I figured to passed the time with a book and have something to enjoy while I wait.

When I returned to the room, I sat in my chair, opened my book from where I had left off and began to read.

________

I was reaching towards the end when I got frustrated with it and threw it across the room, where in that moment Coulson had appeared, 'Y/n', he warned when he ducked his head down and it flies over his head and onto the floor.

I grimace, and when his eyes land back on me, I already know what's coming next, 'that was Steve', I point out whilst I see his head snap to me in the corner of my eye.

'I clearly just saw you', he says as I sigh, 'fine, it was me, that book belongs in the trash along with the author', I said and this time he sighs.

'What did I tell you about throwing books', he questioned as I lean back in my seat and cross my arms over, 'honestly, I can't remember, there was just so much rules', I began when he interrupts.

'Y/n', he called out as I roll my eyes and sigh, 'fine, you told me not to because it could hit and or hurt someone', I said.

'Exactly, you throw another book like that again, I'm taking all of them off of you', he says as I scoffed at his response, 'you wouldn't do that, even if you wanted to', I said as he nods.

'Fine, I'll take your dagger and trust me Y/n, I will take it', he says as I sighed at him and grew frustrated, 'Fine, I won't throw one again, but that doesn't excuse the fact that the author has just signed their death warrant', I said.

'Y/n, you're not killing the Author and if you do, no missions for a month', he suggests as I grew frustrated and scoffed at him, 'seriously, I never get to do what I want', I responded as he chuckled and the duo doing the same as I heard them whilst I rolled my eyes.

We could do it in secret, she says as I shook my head a little, can't, we won't have missions for a whole month, can you live with that, I questioned as she shook her head, mmm, she mumbled and continued, we love our missions, she said as I nod, exactly.

'Y/n', Coulson called out as I look back at him, 'sorry, what else did you want to discuss', I asked as he sighed a little, 'what did I tell you about listening to the voices in your head', he says as I shook my head a little, 'to not too', I said as he nods and smiles, 'exactly, you shouldn't be stuck in your head all day, that's why there's a little something called talking to people around you', he says as I sighed a little and nod, he always can tell when I zone out or I'm not where I'm supposed to be, the thought ran across my mind as I look back at him and he smiles.